IBI is currently looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an upcoming 5-year project in Ghana. The expected scope of work for this activity includes working with the private sector and the Government of Ghana (GOG) on improving value chains in the high-value cash crops sector to expand market access for Ghanaian farmers and food processors, trade facilitation, and SME development. The project’s cross cutting MEL Specialist will work across all components to develop a learning agenda, design indicators, collect and analyze data, organize and disseminate information to stakeholders, and advise the project’s leadership on recommended changes to project activities.
Employment Location: Accra, Ghana
- Plan, organize and supervise project activities related to MEL across all project components.
- Design and implement the project’s learning agenda.
- Design and program MEL system, including indicators, data collection and analysis, methodology and associated tools.
- Employ Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) and Action Research approaches to the MEL system for the program to ensure a dynamic, iterative approach.
- Lead and manage timely and quality preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual reports, inception report, ad-hoc technical reports, and success stories for USAID funding, in line with the required formats.
- Liaise with local implementing partners and lead training and other capacity building procedures to enhance their MEL abilities.
- Undertake periodic visits to project locations to collect data and/or oversee data collection efforts.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree or seven (7) years of relevant work experience without a degree. Relevant experience includes experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning; social science research; or a related field.
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in research design, research methods, quantitative and qualitative data analysis and management, and dissemination of lessons for a range of stakeholders.
- Experience creating and managing performance monitoring plans and building knowledge management systems.
- Experience with developing USAID performance indicator reference sheets and conducting data quality analysis is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience with interviews, surveys and focus groups is preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of the local context as it relates to challenges facing SMEs in Ghana is strongly preferred.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.