We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Director for an anticipated USAID Vietnam: TB Activity – Public Sector Service Delivery
**This position is subject to project award and funding.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Director will provide technical assistance in support of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for TB Activity; and in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention-linked research. S/he will provide technical guidance by designing and developing M&E systems and procedures for the project. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program and developing data dashboards for real-time reporting. S/he will undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring data quality and accuracy and for collecting, analyzing, and processing monitoring and evaluation data, assisting in monitoring and reporting against the TB Activity’s performance indicators and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor the project’s progress towards its goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the program objectives are being achieved. The position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Support the Chief of Party in design and implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, and research plan.
- Develop and ensure application of effective data collection, tracking, and reporting to monitor activity outputs and program quality and make recommendations for improvement.
- In collaboration with technical assistance providers, develop data and spatial dashboards for reporting and real-time program data review.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results, particularly any monitoring activities undertaken by consortium partners.
- Supervise SI staff and oversee SI-related contractors/partners ensuring quality of work and on-schedule and budget delivery.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Review M&E plans and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Ensure data quality audits are routinely collected and monitor data quality and accuracy, immediately reporting any discrepancies to leadership.
- Collaborate with Ministry of Health and other national stakeholders for implementation research design and supervise all study conduct and results synthesis for research.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Master’s Degree required (Doctoral degree or its International Equivalent preferred) in Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- At least one prior position of three years or more duration as M&E manager or relevant technical manager for a large health project including technical staff supervision.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting health monitoring and evaluation systems, preferably in TB and HIV or health systems strengthening.
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in developing study protocols, supervising study field activities and data management, and has peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience working with USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation systems highly preferred
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in local language will be an advantage.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.