Global Communities seeks an experienced Director of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning for the anticipated USAID-funded Colombia Resilience Youth Activity. This 45-50M, five year program will support youth in high risk environments to reach their full potential, The program will support youth-centered efforts targeting Colombian and Venezuelan youth, disengaged child soldiers, and former youth offenders.
The Director of Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning will be responsible for developing and implementing a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning strategy that incorporates real time monitoring and learning and iterative, adaptive approaches to achieving programmatic objectives. The strategy will be guided by system analysis and stakeholder mapping during the initial inception phase and informed by ongoing context analysis and reflected in to a Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as economics, statistics or a social science using statistics is required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
* At least seven years of experience that includes 5 years of M&E experience in donor funded projects, with at least two years in a senior position.
* Experience working on projects that involve the following are strongly preferred:
+ Programs that proactively develop youth’s social, personal and technical skills, foster healthy relationships, and support youth to become meaningful participants in the development of their communities and municipalities.
+ Programs that advance reconciliation among victims, ex-combatants and other citizens” including programs directed at youth, marginalized groups, victims of the conflict, prevention of recruitment, reconciliation, psychosocial support, peace-builders and inclusion of conflict-affected populations.
+ Programs with socially-inclusive MEL systems.
* Supervisory experience required
* Experience with M&E on USAID-funded projects preferred.
* Experience with M&E on projects in related technical areas preferred.
* Demonstrated experience in writing monitoring and evaluation documents and reports and in building the capacity of staff and partners to implement M&E systems.
* Demonstrated experience in establishing and implementing gender-sensitive monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems.
* Experience in Colombia strongly preferred
* Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English required.
Citizens of Colombia are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.