Ecorys is delighted to announce a new opening for an exciting role of Monitoring Experton a large-scale project providing Technical Assistance to Support the Monitoring of Actions Financed by the EU Facility for Refugees in Turkey (SUMAF). SUMAF is providing Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) services to this large and complex portfolio of European Commission (EC) support to refugees and host communities in Turkey. A consortium led by Ecorys has been implementing SUMAF since early 2018 and it is scheduled to continue until mid-2021.
The EC established the Facility with the overall objective “to enhance efficiency, coordination and complementarity of the EU support provided to the refugees and host communities in Turkey and to ensure accountability on the use of resources.” As of end December 2017, 72 projects, worth €3 billion, have been contracted. By June 2018, €1.94 billion of this had been disbursed.
The purpose of SUMAF is to measure the results of individual interventions financed by the Facility, and the impact of the Facility as a whole through a results-based monitoring system. There are three main Result Areas:
- Result Area 1: Testing and reviewing Facility/Result Framework Indicators to ensure quality reporting on the achievements of the Facility against its priority areas and overarching objectives
- Result Area 2: Operationalisation of a result-based monitoring system at action/contract level to ensure effective monitoring and quality reporting on implementation of the Facility-funded contracts
- Result Area 3: Increasing the capacity of implementing partners on results-based monitoring of EU-funded actions
The Monitoring Expert Role:
This is an exciting and high profile role offering the possibility of working in a diverse, multicultural team on a cutting-edge M&E system, which is supporting a critical humanitarian and development effort. It will involve significant interaction with both the EU in Ankara and Brussels, as well as a wide range of organisations implementing interventions under the Facility for Refugees.
The main responsibilities of the Monitoring Expert include:
- Technical support relating to Results Areas 1 and 2;
- Management of non-key experts under Results Areas 1, 2 and 3;
- Coordination and oversight of project inputs, with specific focus on monitoring missions organised under Result Area 2 (including liaison with the EU and Implementing Partners);
- Quality assurance of monitoring missions.
This is a full-time role (c. 220 working days per annum) based in Ankara.
The salary and benefits package is negotiable but will reflect the senior level and extensive experience required to meet the selection criteria, specified below.
The Monitoring Expert should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelors or higher degree;
- Full computer literacy;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
The candidate should have at least 6 years of relevant professional experience in programme/project level monitoring and/or evaluation in at least one of the following sectors: education, health, migration, socio-economic development.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of monitoring of development aid programmes/projects;
- Experience as a monitoring planner and coordinator in at least two results-oriented monitoring assignments of at least one year in total;
In addition, the following elements will be considered assets:
- Creativity and ability to design and refine M&E tools and approaches;
- Familiarity with large complex result frameworks and developing the tools to verify logframe data;
- First-hand experience with quality assurance (QA) of monitoring reports;
- Experience in the design and delivery of training;
- Excellent coordination skills; and,
- Prior work experience in Turkey.
If you are interested and available to take on this role, please email your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible and at latest - by Thursday, 24 January 2019 (close of business). Please clearly indicate in your CV how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements for this role.
About the Organization
Ecorys is an international company providing research, consultancy and management services. We specialise in economic, social and spatial development and aim to deliver real benefit to society through the work we do. We are one of the oldest research and consulting companies in Europe. In the summer of 2014 we proudly celebrated our 85th anniversary!
Ecorys has over fifty years of experience in working outside our European home markets – particularly in Africa, Asia and South-America. We advise governments, multinational organizations, NGOs and civil society groups, and private sector clients on a wide range of economic and social issues. Our work includes evidence-based research, technical assistance, training and education programs, monitoring and evaluation, project management and tailor-made advice.
More information on the company and the assignments it works on can be found on www.ecorys.com