Motion Graphic Designer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank (MDB) mandated to foster economic growth in Asia and beyond by investing in infrastructure and other productive sectors. The Communications Department (COM) is searching for a Motion Graphic Designer to produce communication materials in various digital media for internal and external stakeholders in accordance with AIIB’s visual and editorial brand guidelines. The Motion Graphic Designer will report to the Director General, Communications.
A multimedia portfolio (preferably as a URL) showcasing the candidate’s body of still (photography) and motion (videography, web and/or interactive) images related to the position is a submission requirement aside from the traditional curriculum vitae.
- Suggest and execute still and motion (digital photo and video) multimedia content, animations, effects and other applications for various digital and/or online platforms while (1) following COM’s overarching brand and design direction, (2) adhering to AIIB’s visual and editorial guidelines and (3) complementing AIIB’s messaging strategy, content calendar and/or campaigns.
- Continually push the boundaries of AIIB’s still and motion digital product creation in consultation with relevant COM team members or project leads.
- Assist in overseeing AIIB’s pool of individual external service providers (photographers, videographers and graphic design) in consultation with relevant COM team members.
- University degree in broadcast, multimedia communications, film, web, graphic arts and similar related fields of expertise. Experience and impressive/proven portfolio of work will be considered in lieu of the above-mentioned degrees.
- End-to-end still and motion image preproduction (conceptualization, design, storyboarding), production (shoot, sound, lighting) and postproduction (audio and video design and editing).
- Must be proficient in the use of the entire Adobe Creative Suite for still and moving images, in particular After Effects.
- Observes deadlines, is an organized professional and conscious of the production pipeline and schedules of delivery.
- Must be able to work well and collaboratively with various staff and external experts to develop the final output. Must be able to juggle multiple competing deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must be able to communicate professionally in verbal and written English, the official language of AIIB.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in the above-mentioned requirements. Intensive hands-on still and motion image production experience is required. Successful candidate must be able to hit the ground running once accepted.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Client-facing and/or multimedia project management experience would be an advantage but not required.
- Educational or professional background in development (thus, understanding of development issues and messaging) would be an advantage but not required.
- A mixed experience from both the private (media, agency, private corporations) and public (government, multilaterals, international relations-oriented organizations) would be an advantage but not required.
- Proficiency in instructional or explanatory interactive video design would be an advantage but not required.
- Experience in interactive web, photo (360, hotspots) and video design and production would be an advantage but not required.
- Copy/scriptwriting experience would be an advantage but not required.
- Web and/or mobile development experience (development and/or implementation) would be an advantage but not required.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the staff level at which an applicant will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
We are the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we commenced operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 100 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors today, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.