World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As National Director, you strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision’s ministry in Haiti with a vision of shared relevance and impact in the Caribbean Island (Haiti and Dominican Republic). In performing this role, you will be an effective leader locally, an effective member of the partnership and will model the organization’s principles of Twin Citizenship to ensure high ministry quality and overall organizational effectiveness.
- Master’s degree in development studies, management or social sciences or equivalent with 10 years’ experience in country-level program management.
- At least 5 years’ experience overseeing a large Government grant, its acquisition and donor engagement.
- Experience in one of the major Ministries (Relief, Development, Advocacy), close familiarity with other two.
- Experience leading large scale emergencies, preferably in fragile contexts.
- Experience in marketing and fundraising in general and generating local revenue in particular, Advocacy and public relations and leading or working with advisory boards.
- Understanding of the socio-cultural religious context is a must as well as hostile environment security awareness.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French. Spanish is a plus. Candidate must be willing to learn Spanish if they do not currently speak the language.
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 04 NOVEMBER 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.