The Fiscal Policy Expert will support GOI’s Ministry of Development Planning/Bappenas by creating an econometric model to measure midterm and long-term impact of tax expenditure on economic growth, budget deficit, and debt stock; and draw policy recommendations to strengthen Bappenas’ capacity in economic and fiscal planning.
- Expert level of knowledge of taxation policy, fiscal reform and public expenditure management, domestic revenue analysis, and macro-fiscal analysis in Indonesia
- Experienced in conducting quantitative research on taxation and macro-fiscal analysis in Indonesia
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English, both written and oral.
- Experienced in training professionals, especially government officials.
The National Fiscal Policy Expert will work in a team with the International Fiscal Policy Expert to carry out the following tasks:
- Participate in planning meeting with EGSA team, Bappenas team, and other stakeholders.
- Support the International Fiscal Policy Expert in identification of tax expenditures, and estimation of the scale.
- Contribute to development of an economic model to measure impact of tax expenditure to the economic growth, budget deficit, and debt stock in the medium (2022-2024) and long run (2024-2045). The model should take into consideration budget support for economic transformation through six strategic focus and sector:
i. human capital,
ii. green economy,
iii. economic sector productivity focus on industry and agriculture,
iv. digital transformation,
v. domestic economic integration, and
vi. new capital city development.
- Support the impact assessment on tax expenditure effectiveness
- Contribute to the report writing, including documentation on the development of economic model, required data, simulation, and the analysis on model development
- Work with International Fiscal Policy expert deliver a workshop on tax expenditure effectiveness and prepare a workshop completion report.
- Prepare monthly progress reports outlining activities conducted during the period and link to deliverables in the contract, meetings, output produced, and follow up plan for internal reporting purpose.
- Advance university degree in Economics, Econometrics, Public Finance, or Public Policy
- At least 12 years’ experience in conducting quantitative research on public finance, taxation, or macro-fiscal analysis for candidate with PhD degree, and 10 years for candidate with Ph.D. degree
- Prior experience developing fiscal policy analysis or macroeconomic modeling for Bappenas/GOI national agency is preferred.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international data-driven consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech specializes are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech four practice areas are Economic and Data Sciences; Monitoring and Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL); Education, Gender, and Youth Development (EGY); Public Financial Management (PFM).
DevTech is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Economic Growth Support Activity (EGSA). EGSA supports the government of Indonesia and other stakeholders with (i) evidence-based decision making, (ii) technical assistance to improve GOI capacity in public financial management and related governance, and (iii) capacity building to improve the business enabling environment for foreign and domestic enterprises.