The key deliverable and drive of this role is the revenue targets. You will take responsibility for meeting these revenue targets. This role will direct sales and marketing strategy to meet the ambitious growth objectives of the company.
The main responsibilities of the New Business Development Manager include:
- Develop and implement a new business development and marketing strategy.
- Establish and build strong relationships with new and current prospects.
- Support the full lifecycle of new business opportunities and lead the business development process.
- Build and manage the new business pipeline; lead at pre-RFP stage and manage the proposal process at RFP stage.
- With other team members, build and deliver compelling digital learning and capacity building proposals that comply with all client requirements and are submitted on time.
- Assign and manage tasks in the proposal development process to meet applicable deadlines, creating strong relationships and working with internal and external subject matter experts.
- Ensure proposals clearly showcase Gateway’s competitive advantages and value propositions.
- Develop and write management plans, implementation plans, staffing, etc. for proposals.
- Pull together proposals and edit into “one voice” ensuring a complete and final review.
- Work with the Chief Delivery Officer, Chief Digital Learning Strategist and CEO to grow business with existing clients.
- Collaborate with executive team to improve tools and processes for delivering successful proposals.
- Manage the sales team.
- Build the brand and reputation of Gateway.
- Represent Gateway to clients, potential clients and partners.
- Report to Executive team on pipeline status for all bids and prospects.
- Engage in After Action Reviews for all proposals with Executive Team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Seven or more years of relevant experience at least 4 of which include new business development work with demonstrated increase in responsibility.
- Proven track record of hitting revenue targets.
- Proven track record of new business wins.
- Experience developing complex proposals in response to donor and foundation RFPs.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in working with international clients and knowledge of donor procurement processes and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, able to write persuasive proposals and reports.
- Communications and networking experience with clients and key partners.
- Ability to produce work in a self-directed environment including managing remote teams, meeting important deadlines and adapting quickly as work changed.
- Experience, insights, and relationships in the development sector (particularly as a supplier to implementing partners and NGOs)
- Experience of solution selling and selling of services.
- Track record of working with cross functional sales teams.
Gateway has an established track record but is a fast paced start up environment. We work remotely and across time zones. We have an open and collaborative work culture.
- Positive disposition
- Collaborative and supportive
- Solutions focused
- Strong communicator
Gateway’s Head Office is in Cape Town, the role will require the ability to work across multiple time zones. This role can be filled remotely and is open to international candidates.
Preference is given to EE candidates.
Salary- Competitive + uncapped OTE
Your application must include a copy of your updated CV and a detailed letter of motivation.
Application deadline is 2 March, 2021. Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled.
If you feel you meet the above requirements and would like to formally apply for this opportunity, then please email through your application (in confidence) to email@example.com by the application deadline.
The company reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time.
About the Organization
Gateway (a division of Digital Frontiers) designs, builds and delivers learning services for major the international development organizations including bi-laterals, multi-laterals, NGOs, foundations and private sector firms. Gateway has a focus on digital learning services that assist in capacity building targeting the sustainable development goals.
Housed within Digital Frontiers, a South African not-for-profit, Gateway offers a proven track record of building and running high impact digital learning experience and courses. Gateway is an international organisation working with clients across the globe. With its head Office is in Cape Town, Gateway has staff and representation in multiple countries and continents.
Gateway is embarking on a drive to grow its footprint, influence and impact to meet the growing opportunities of digital learning.