Skills, qualifications and experience
* Qualified Medical degree with specialization in Obstetrics/Gynaecology.
* A minimum of 3-5 years of post-qualification work experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Note: For Sierra Leone -
The ideal candidate should have expert experience in ultrasound machine/V-Scan
* Obstetrics experience including labour management and recognition of obstetric emergency
* You are fully accredited in your home country.
* You have the ability to work with limited technical resources
* You have experience in training, coaching and supervision
* Fluent English proficiency
* IT skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Countries where VSO is currently running Health programmes with Obstetrics and Gynaecology positions are Uganda, Tanzania and Sierraleon. Exact location- City/district will be confirmed.
About the Organization
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.