Office and Logistics Manager, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Office and Logistics Manager position will be the primary focal point for all logistical, travel procurement and administration matters. He/she will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and work in collaboration with the HR and Finance Manager to ensure that work meets USAID and MSI practices and policies, especially in areas of logistical, procurement and administrative support for the project activities.
- Conduct all procurement related to activities and ensures compliance with USAID, local laws and MSI policies and procedures.
- Ensure all purchases of goods and services comply with USAID and MSI procurement policies and guidelines and that all supporting documentation is up to date.
- Ensure that goods and services are purchased as needed and that finances are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Effectively negotiate with suppliers on a wide on commodities and services for the best overall value to the project.
- Prepare a comprehensive historical price list of commodities commonly used my MSI in the field office to include names of vendors, prices and dates.
- Assist in tracking office supplies to ensure adequate stocks are maintained.
- Maintain procurement and inventory trackers.
- Track all expendable and non-expendable property in compliance with MSI and USAID policies and procedures.
- Provide travel and administrative support to the project team.
- Organize all team logistics including arranging for hotel accommodations, transportation and communication.
- Coordinate with the COP and DFA on travel related matters, including providing regular updates, communicating critical information to the local team, and compiling supporting documentation.
- Process entry visas, multiple visas and work permits for consultants, USN and TCN staff.
- A university degree in a relevant field.
- Three years of experience and practical knowledge of USAID procurement regulations, logistical planning and execution, and travel.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and business practices and direct experience managing the travel and logistics of a USAID-funded project are required.
- Advance knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.