The Officer II for Knowledge Management & Learning (KML Officer) will promote knowledge management and learning within HQ OverOps. The position will be part of the Headquarters OverOps KML team. This position will work closely with colleagues in Headquarters departments within OverOps including colleagues in the Program Impact and Quality Assurance Department (PIQA), the Institutional Donor Engagement and Advancement (IDEA) Department, and other operational units in Overseas Operations. Another KML Officer currently focuses support to the IDEA Department, and this position will coordinate closely with that position and others working in KML to ensure synergistic support across OO. S/he specifically will collaborate closely with the PIQA teams to create, promote, and support standards, processes, and products to support knowledge management and learning.
Knowledge Management and Learning
* Develops a framework for knowledge management and learning within PIQA and provides back-up support to other OverOps departments as needed.
* Provides oversight of and creates a structure for PIQA’s knowledge management and communication platforms, such as MyCRS (intranet), Groups/Teams, Yammer, One Drive, other Office 365 applications. Supports and guides PIQA staff on use of these technology platforms.
* Maintains primary responsibility for PIQA and HQ OO pages on MyCRS including generating content for pages.
* Assists PIQA teams with the development of tools and resources, including the creation of standardized program documentation templates for all sectors, and roll out and uptake.
* Supports conceptualization of all PIQA sponsored learning events (including PIQA-initiated brown bags, webinars, etc.)
* Responsible for monthly reporting within PIQA and other OverOps reporting as requested.
* Provides KML support for program teams including capturing learning in various forms from field programs and ensuring appropriate dissemination.
* Provides data analytical support within OO as requested, specifically looking at meta-programmatic trends and outcomes.
* Serve as Gateway (Salesforce) Champion within PIQA and provide relevant training and support to programming HQ staff on the platform including data entry.
* Coordinates cross-learning and engagement events for HQ OverOps including monthly and quarterly meetings as part of the OverOps wellbeing and staff engagement work.
* Supports planning for PIQA department retreat (every 18 months).
* Provides KML training for OverOps staff as appropriate.
* Stays abreast of current KMLD methodologies, techniques, and industry standards within functional disciplines. Participates actively in internal and external networks related to KML and Data Analysis.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree acceptable. Master’s degree in Business, International Affairs, Development or a related field preferred.
* At least 5 years of relevant work experience with demonstrated progressive levels of responsibility. Overseas work experience a plus.
* Experience in organizational KML; capturing, documenting, and facilitating best practices and learning.
* Experience designing and delivering professional learning initiatives and associated job tools and resources through formal and nonformal methods highly desirable
Required Languages - Excellent communication skills in English. French and/or Spanish a plus.
Travel - Ability to travel domestically and overseas up to 15%.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
CRS staff, alongside our partners and the people we serve, work daily to bring our mission and guiding principles to life. We share our stories of hope, compassion and solidarity to inspire others to join us in creating a more just and prosperous world for all.