ThinkWell is seeking a consultant in the following locations:
Spain, South Korea, Serbia, Philippines, Ireland, Brazil and Argentina
The consultant will support in-country oncology health financing work involving landscaping, analytics, and strategy development. Health systems and health financing knowledge is required, and knowledge of oncology financing is ideal. The consultant will be based in country and work for approximately 6-9 months on a part time basis. Please note, this is a contract position with expenses and competitive compensation covered but no additional benefits.
ThinkWell, with support from a private sector client, is engaged in landscaping oncology financing in multiple countries. The current scope of work is to create a landscaping tool to support MSD in the scoping and analysis of oncology financing in priority markets. Our objectives are to: 1.) Prepare country profiles - landscape oncology financing; 2.) Host workshops with country stakeholders’ teams to inform tool design and 3.) Develop an oncology financing landscape tool.
The consultant will work closely with the ThinkWell team to gather quantitative and qualitative data, analyze findings, and communicate our work with in-country stakeholders. The work will include designing and facilitating workshops, leading on stakeholder engagement meetings, and assessing financing mechanisms. Deliverables will include: Country profile (initial framework, draft and final version) and workshop briefs.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in health economics, public health or related field;
- Experience working directly with the country health system as a clinician, government official, consultant or manager;
- Experience working with ministries of health and finance, and with donors and implementers;
- Knowledge of oncology financing preferred;
- Skilled at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences;
- An independent thinker who also enjoys working in a team;
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical capabilities;
- Outstanding writing and verbal presentation skills;
- Tech savvy and strong with visual display of data.
About the Organization
Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up, even disgusted, with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done.