Operations and Grants Specialist,
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program, Ukraine
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
** Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position **
Operations and Grants Specialist will support the SACCI program in Ukraine. He/she is responsible for the supporting Operations Department with grants, finance, administration-related tasks. Operations and Grants Specialist will report directly to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) and eventually to Chief of Party (COP).
- Verify necessary accounting documentation under grant agreements.
- Review grantees’ financial reports to confirm that expenses and supporting documentation are in accordance with USAID and MSI regulations, and Ukrainian legislation.
- Work closely with Grants Manager to identify errors and inconsistencies between grantees’ narrative and financial reports.
- Assist DFA and Finance Manager in preparation of project financial reports.
- Scan and file accounting documents.
- Assist Finance Manager with payments to vendors, as well as ensures proper stewardship and accounting of funds for in-kind cash grants, other program activities and program operations.
- Review short-term consultants’ timesheets and prepares acts of acceptance in a timely manner, making sure that requested amounts are in line with service agreements.
- Assist in VAT exemption procedure.
- Support Procurement Specialist in market research efforts, identifying and qualifying potential suppliers.
- Support execution of Purchase Orders/Subcontracts and Modifications.
- Provide support for travel arrangement, events logistics, and procurements.
- Assist with implementing other tasks as requested by Director of Finance and Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting or other relevant area; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience (preferably at the multinational company).
- Prior experience with USAID-funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience with collection and analysis of accounting data.
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian required.
** Application submission deadline is December 06, 2019 **
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.