Plan International seeks a dynamic leader and project strategist to fill the role of Operations Manager for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Marawi Response Project to be based in to be based in Iligan City or Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, Mindanao, the Philippines. If awarded, the program would have an anticipated start date of October 2018.
The project will utilize a needs-based approach to contribute to USAID’s goal of supporting the integration or return of internally-displaced people (IDPs) from; the Marawi Crisis. The program’s objectives will be to (1) provide locally-driven and community-centered approaches that improve the economic and social conditions of IDPs from Marawi and its environs and establish the conditions for communities to successfully undertake longer-term planning of their communities; and (2) strengthen community cohesion through developing or strengthening community institutions or structures capable of effective, participatory leadership and governance and increasing the capacity of communities, civil society and local governance actors to develop constructive relationships that decrease the risk of further conflict.
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage functional areas of finance, administration, functional areas of finance, administration & logistics, IT, security, internal control, legal and risk management, through the development and implementation of strategies to ensure adequate control of resources, transparency and optimal operational performance of Marawi Response Project, aligned with the Country Strategy, local and global policies and the principle of accountability.
- Manage and lead daily operations in accordance with local regulations and the values and objectives of the organization and by providing efficient financial, human resources, security, and administrative services for the office.
- Oversee budgeting, monitoring project expenses, and timely preparation of donor financial reports
- Develop and implement monthly project-wide financial reviews and analyses and maintain strong internal policies, process and control systems
- Coordinate closely with Plan International USA home office staff and country office staff on internal and external review and audits
- Provide compliance support to the Grants Manager and support the capacity development of sub-grantees to comply with USAID and Plan’s policies and procedures
In order to succeed in the challenging and varied role, you will have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or financial management; a Master’s degree and/or a professional qualification in accountancy is highly preferred;
- Practical knowledge of operations support for development and emergency response, as well as general knowledge of financial, administrative, HR, ICT, security, Audit and business management matters.
- Knowledge of the program area, the geopolitical factors affecting child-poverty in the country as well as the political, social and economic opportunities for development are an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US government project management, including USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency n Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Filipino or other local dialect preferred
Type of Role: fixed term contract
Location: To be based in Iligan City or Marawi City, Lanao del Sur, Mindanao, the Philippines.
Salary: Competitive salary available
Reports to: Chief of Party
Closing Date: May 18, 2018
To Apply: Please send CVs in English to Recruitment@PlanUSA.Org. Only applications in English will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Child Protection Policy. As an international child-centred community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further interviews.
About the Organization
Plan International is a global organization that works side by side with communities in more than 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities and range from clean water and healthcare programs to education projects, economic empowerment, child protection initiatives and youth civic engagement. Across program areas, Plan’s activities are guided by a Child-Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach, which is rights-based, holistic, gender-sensitive, and inclusive.