Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Head of Operations
You will manage and/or coordinate the following operational functions – Logistics, Procurement, Administration, Fleet, Vendor Contracts/Agreements, and Staff Safety and Security - in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, help ensure principled compliance, proactively identify risk issues, and under supervision lead operational improvements.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field. Masters preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in finance, human resources, logistics, or administration officer/support level position with progressive responsibilities.
* Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Management experience required. Experience with an NGO preferred.
* Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience preferred.
* Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, CDC, EU or UN, a plus.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment a preferred.
* Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
* Good strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Good relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
* Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Travel Required - 20% for in country field office support.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Administration Manager, Procurement Manager, and Security Manager.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.