Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Organizational Development Expert candidates for an anticipated an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Civil Society Strengthening Activity in Uganda which seeks to fortify the capacity of Ugandan civil society organizations (CSOs) to influence and contribute to improved development outcomes in targeted sectors, successfully promote public education and civic engagement, and to establish and manage public accountability mechanisms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead activity efforts to strengthen the organizational capacity of Ugandan CSOs.
- Develop and manage the implementation of interventions that provide CSOs with the vision, skills and networks that will strengthen their efforts to advance civil society development in Uganda.
- Facilitate Joint Stakeholder Engagement and self-assessment processes with local actors.
- Plan, lead and/or coordinate training, mentoring and other capacity-building efforts relevant to activity objectives.
- Lead and/or facilitate efforts to locally institutionalize and ensure the sustainability of Ugandan capacity building skills and mechanisms.
- Facilitate networking and collaboration among CSOs and between CSOs and other actors, such as media, think tanks, etc.
- Collaborate with other USAID implementing partners to strengthen government capacity to engage constructively with civil society.
To be successful in this role, you will have/bring the following:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience developing and overseeing the provision of organizational development support to civil society, business or government institutions.
- A minimum of five years of capacity-building experience specific to civil society organizations in emerging economy settings.
- A master’s degree in organizational development, human resource management, business administration, higher education, international development, or in a relevant field or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in addition to the seven years’ experience listed above.
- Experience in East Africa or regions at similar stages of economic development.
- Substantial experience advancing civil society development in politically sensitive environments in which political space is closing.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining professional relationships with host country counterparts in government, civil society and the private sector
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English.
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oWCBcfw5&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration. Cover letters are appreciated.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.