Outcome Review Consultant,
Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA),
Colombo, Sri Lanka
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity aims to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes. IDEA is a four-and-a-half-year project ending on August 7, 2022.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Consultant will support others on the team to work on addressing Sexual and Gender Based Violence in Sri Lanka. Specifically, the Consultant will spearhead conceptualizing, designing and/or setting-up of district and divisional forums against GBV.
- Provide basic orientation to CSO grantees identified by IDEA on objectives and purpose of establishing these forums, how they function, the benefits of such mechanisms and challenges they face
- Provide training to various state actors identified by grantees in areas where they are hoping to form and/or strengthen forums
- Establish forums against gender-based violence and on the importance of introducing a referral system by regularly bringing together the various actors to discuss and exchange information on cases
- Take necessary steps to support victim survivors of gender-based violence
- Assist CSOs to develop Tools of Research for these forums
- Advocate for joint Government-Civil Society Organization initiatives to combat Sexual and Gender Based Violence at the national level
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager
- Bachelor’s degree required in a relevant field; master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience in working in the gender equality field
- Experience improving the rights of women and sexual and gender-based violence
- A conceptual understanding of gender equality, improving the rights of women, sexual and gender-based violence and its barriers in the Sri Lankan context
- Willingness to undertake field visits to provide their inputs
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Fluency in English and one national language required (Sinhala/Tamil), proficiency in a second national language preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.