ABA ROLI seeks an individual who can provide combatting online sexual exploitation subject-matter expertise for approximately 15 civil society organization (CSO) partner-grantees (“subgrantees”) working to promote access to justice for vulnerable communities in and throughout the Philippines (“Legal Specialist”). The Legal Specialist will be expected to liaise directly with subgrantee representatives and ABA ROLI-Manila based staff. The Legal Specialist will report to the Philippines-based Country Director, with substantial involvement by ABA ROLI Headquarters (HQ) program staff.
The intended duration of the assignment is 3 months. This position will be remote-based and pro bono. The Legal Specialist will be required to submit signed monthly timesheets capturing their hourly contributions to ABA ROLI HQ staff.
The Legal Specialist will work within the framework of ABA ROLI’s USAID-funded program, Access to Justice and Support for the Rule of Law in the Philippines (ACCESS) program.
Legal Specialist Areas of Responsibility:
· Provide two trainings to subgrant partners with potential for program-wide future trainings on the following subject areas:
o Building up cases related to online sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment against women and children
o Different modes of discovery and implementation in handling cases related to online violations against women and children
o Jurisdictional best practices in working on trafficking in persons and online sexual exploitation against women and children
- Minimum of Masters degree in relevant area
- Excellent communications, analysis, reporting, and writing skills
- Fluent in English, Tagalog an advantage
- Expertise in building up cases related to online sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment against women and children
- Experience in implementing different modes of discovery in cases involving online sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment against women and children
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to synthesize ideas and present these in a clear and consistent manner understandable to non-specialist stakeholders.
Qualified candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their CV and cover letter.