Rumph and Associates is seeking a Phlebotomist to draw blood and collection of respiratory specimens (including saliva) from residents with COVID-19 in nursing homes.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, a growing number of individuals in healthcare who have persistently and intermittently positive SARS-CoV-2 PCR tests during their convalescent phase of illness. This phenomenon is prominent among residents of long-term care facilities who not only live in congregate settings but are also living among older persons who are more vulnerable to severe COVID-19. More data is needed to inform management of persistently positive SARS-CoV-2 PCR tests in long-term care residents during the outbreak. There is an urgent need for additional data on early markers for persistent PCR-positivity to inform management and better estimate the infectiousness of patients at different time points during convalescence and determine surrogates for viral culture positivity (i.e. infectivity) in PCR-positive specimens.
The CDC COVID-19 Response is contracting the C-C19ERT independent of CDC emergency response teams to provide assessment (which includes the collection of specimens, testing, and reporting) of nursing home residents in New Mexico.
The information gathered from this assessment will provide insight into persistence of viral shedding in SARS-CoV-2 infections.
· Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples.
· Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents, or other means.
· Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
· Reassure patients and help them relax.
· Find veins that are suitable for puncture.
· Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials, and other equipment.
· Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples.
· Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing with the help of CDC or Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) personnel.
· Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests.
· Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working.
EDUCATION, REQUIREMENTS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
· A diploma in phlebotomy is a must with knowledge in infection control practices, appropriate donning, and doffing of PPE, and is up to date with Vaccine, with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
· Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician.
· Possess a valid phlebotomy certification.
· Excellent patient service and patient relationship skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
About the Organization
Rumph and Associates, P.C. (Rumph) founded in 2007 is a SBA certified 8(a), minority-owned small disadvantaged business (SDB headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia.) Rumph is committed to providing our federal, state and local government, in addition to, private sector and nonprofit clients innovative, adaptable, quality-oriented, and cost-conscious services and integrated solutions which enable them to achieve their most desired short and long-term business goals. We produce efficient, effective and well-timed results by understanding our clients’ needs and supporting them in their efforts to obtain the most desired outcomes. We have values about our company and the way it should be run. Our values are demanding and an essential part of what we do and how we act toward our associates and our business. We believe our values are the reason behind our success and allows us to keep true to ourselves during times of growth and during challenges. http://rumphandassociates.com/