Green Powered Technology is currently seeking candidates for various mid- and senior-level positions in support of our work on Power Africa supporting various U.S. government agencies including Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) and U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) contracts. We are seeking subject matter experts with experience in the following areas:
- Renewable Energy Technologies (biomass/biogas, hydropower, solar, geothermal, wind)
- Energy Efficiency/Demand-Side Management
- Disaster Risk Reduction & Management
- Electric Utility Reform
- Energy Access
- Electricity Markets
- Energy Governance
- Energy Legal Advisory Services
- Energy Public and Project Finance
- Energy Sector Public Private Partnerships
- Energy Storage
- Energy Sector Training and Capacity Building
- Financial Analysis/ Modelling
- Gas Sector
- Gender and Social Integration
- Generation, Transmission, Distribution Transactions
- Grid Operation/ Resiliency
- Legal and Regulatory Framework
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Integrated Resources Planning
- Power Sector Reform
- Private Sector Engagement
- Program/Project Management in Energy Sector
- Rural Electrification
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Tariff/ Subsidy Design/ Rate
- Transaction Advisory
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, advanced degree strong preferred.
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience working on international donor-funded energy projects.
- Prior experience supporting the following U.S. government agencies, advantageous: US Department of State, US Department of the Treasury, USDA, US Department of Commerce, US Department of Energy, USTDA, USAID, OPIC, US Export-Import Bank, Millennium Challenge Corporation, US American Development Foundation, US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Experience supporting projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Fluency in spoken and written English with strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Fluency in a language other than English advantageous.
About the Organization
Green Powered Technology (GPTech) is an international energy, engineering, and development assistance consulting firm based in Arlington, Virginia. Established in 2010, our vision is to help further sustainable, innovative energy and engineering solutions globally by providing consulting services in energy engineering, international engineering, , and sustainable development. GPTech’s services also include a variety of sector and market assessments, support of community and private project developers with technical feasibility studies, financial bankability and cost feasibility analyses, environmental policy support, and institutional capacity building. We bring technical, financing, and private sector engagement expertise in key sectors, such as energy and infrastructure, furthering U.S. private sector expansion into emerging markets and fostering private sector engagement where we work.