Green Powered Technology is seeking a Power Utility Operations Expert to support the Millennium Challenge Corporation’s (MCC) Financial Viability Analysis for the Senegal Electricity Sector Project, which will provide support to the energy sector enabling environment, capacity development, and institutional and policy reform efforts under the MCC-Government of Senegal Compact. This project has a particular emphasis on the review and analysis of operational and investment performance of electricity utilities in Senegal. Key activities of the Project will involve both sector-level and utility-level analyses and support. At the sector level, the project will analyze the Compact’s electricity sector roadmap development and policy and institutional reform plans and activities. At the utility-level, potential activities include:
- Utility Earnings Viability Analysis
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Capital Expenditure Modeling Methodology Review and Development
- Flow-of-Funds Analysis
The Power Utility Operations Expert is expected to be based full-time in GPTech’s office in Dakar, Senegal for one year, working with the national utility Senelec. He/she should be prepared to travel around the country as needed to examine utility assets as part of his/her work.
Responsibilities may include:
- Perform assessments, using information available to make process, framework, operations, investment and policy recommendations for the currently vertically integrated utility, other concessionaires, the regulator, and/or various areas of government;
- Advise on various technical and environmental aspects of the power sector, including managing maintenance and investments;
- Oversee maintenance activities and investment that lead to improved key performance indicators (KPIs) and increased cost efficiencies;
- Perform assessments and make process, framework, operations, investment and policy recommendations for the utility, other concessionaires, the regulator, and/or various areas of government.
- Twenty (20) or more years of technical experience with heavy fuel oil (HFO)/diesel generation facilities and transmission and distribution lines.
- Strong knowledge of power sector operations, business management, and asset management, and broad familiarity across the power sector spectrum, including generation, transmission, and distribution.
- Broad Operations and Management (O&M) knowledge (e.g. human resources, commercial services, procurement, other general/shared services, etc.) is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with repair vs. renewal vs. replace and growth investment decisions, as it affects HFO and diesel power plants, as well as 30kV, 90kV, and 225kV underground and overhead lines, related substations, and other power sector assets.
- Familiarity of Organization for the Harmonization of Corporate Law in Africa (OHADA) and the United States’ Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Financial Reporting Standards (USGAAP/IFRS preferred.
- Past experience on MCC projects preferred.
- Professional certification or degree in a relevant field of study.
- Ability to travel in country in Senegal.
- Fluency in French and English.
Please Apply Here: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=gr359
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis but are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
Green Powered Technology is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite CVs from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
About the Organization
Green Powered Technology is an international energy and engineering consulting firm, established in 2010 with a vision of employing sustainable, innovative energy solutions. We provide consulting services around the globe in renewable energy, energy storage, energy efficiency, and international trade in energy technologies. Our staff consists of engineers, scientists and energy economists who are experienced in providing energy consulting services worldwide, including conflict zones. We are committed to creating a future where all energy is consumed from sustainable sources and sustained by a public that values the social, economic, and environmental benefits that green energy provides.