The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
We are looking for a Press Officer with strong relationships and an excellent track record working with Chinese domestic and international media outlets. The candidate will play an important role on the communications team and will be a key performer in helping to shape and share the Bank’s story.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all incoming media inquiries to AIIB and work with the communications team and other staff to develop responses.
- Perform daily analysis of traditional media coverage. Correct inaccuracies and ensure internal awareness of relevant coverage.
- Work with the Bank’s external PR agency and other communications team members to develop reports analyzing its media and social media coverage.
- Maintain and update media lists.
- Forge and maintain relationships with influential members of the Chinese and international media. Anticipate and respond to their needs to drive factually correct story placements.
- Develop and execute an international media plan to advance AIIB’s mission and goals.
- Plan press conferences, write press releases and other media materials.
- Work closely with other departments and members of the communications team to integrate proactive media outreach into communications. Advance high-profile national and international media coverage of the Bank’s policies, strategies and projects.
- Provide advice and support to senior executives when dealing with the media, including coordinating interviews and preparing speaking points.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to see the opportunity and take initiative to put a plan into action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communications, journalism, political science, economics/finance, international relations, public affairs, marketing, or other related fields.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience working in communications, with direct experience working with the press.
- Flexibility and tenacity to work on deadline.
- Ability to influence outcomes in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Strategic and results-focused thinker.
- Keen understanding of how communications contributes to organizational goals.
- Strong contacts and relationships with both Chinese and international media.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 103 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.