Nathan Associates is seeking a Principal Associate to support the Trade and Logistics Group within the International Development line of business from our home office in Arlington, Virginia. This position will require travel to the Middle East, Africa, Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and other regions.
- Business Development – Lead and participate in business development activities, including proposal preparation and management (most commonly, this is as a lead drafter of technical proposals or as capture lead) and securing new business. Market to USAID, World Bank, and other donors; gather information on upcoming bid solicitations through travel to the field and building professional networks. Draft and conceptualize firm-wide or practice marketing materials. Develop business plans and lead efforts to target new clients, including private sector, and new areas for the firm within trade and logistics. Speak at international, regional, and national conferences related to trade and logistics. Develop and maintain contacts with potential clients, partners, consultants, and international institutions.
- Technical Work - Prepare reports for clients (requiring little or no editing). Make presentations to clients (and to staff) on technical subjects relating to the practice area and client interests. Develop proprietary tools/methodologies for broader potential application.
- Project Management - Serve as technical director for designated donor projects and/or provide general oversight of specific projects. Manage complex projects (for clients or for internal purposes), including technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, and review/revision of final products. Prepare terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects, including initiation of concept, technical design, and staffing. Mentor, train, and oversee work of young professionals.
- Internal capacity building – Provide informal and formal training and mentoring to Trade and Logistics staff. Support internal corporate initiatives and implement corporate policies and practices.
- Advanced degree in business, economics, trade, or other relevant field
- Twelve or more years of relevant work experience in customs and trade facilitation, preferably with donor-funded projects in developing countries. Previous experience working in developing countries preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making, teambuilding, and management skills.
- Substantial experience in project management and/or new business development.
- Knowledge or experience in trade and logistics issues, including customs, border management, transit, and WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement.
- Proficiency in French, Arabic, Spanish, or other language widely spoken in the developing world preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication capabilities.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required.
No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted.
Nathan Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946: International Development, Litigation & Expert Services, Infrastructure Project Development & Finance, Advisory Services