ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Private Sector Engagement (PSE) & Alliance Advisor for an anticipated activity in Honduras funded by USAID. The activity will strengthen agricultural market systems to become more competitive, inclusive, and resilient to sustainably reduce poverty in Honduras. The activity is anticipated to start in 2021. The PSE & Alliance Advisor will work with private sector actors (local, regional, and international) to build partnerships that strengthen the market systems affecting the target value chains. The position is based in Honduras.
- Provide thought leadership and managerial oversight over PSE activities
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders, government officials, private sector actors, financial institutions, project staff, and/or donor agencies
- Oversee primary and secondary research related to PSE
- Communicate program results to program staff, donor representatives, partners, and other relevant stakeholders to enable data and experience-informed decision-making
- Coordinate with cross-cutting services such as communications, GESI, policy, MEL, and training to ensure that economic development/PSE activities effectively contribute to the success of overall project goals
- Advanced degree in business, management, development studies, or relevant field - or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with an additional eight years of relevant experience
- At least eight (8) years of experience in economic growth, agribusiness development, private sector alliance building, and market systems development in Latin America.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including government officials, private sector actors, financial institutions, project staff, and/or donor agencies.
- Previous USAID-funded project experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the Honduran political, social, economic, and cultural context required.
- Understanding of both debt and equity financing of agricultural MSMEs, the equity investment fund community, and value chain financing preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Professional Proficiency in English and Spanish required.
Honduran nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.