REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR PROCUREMENT ADVISORY AND CONSULTANCY ROSTER
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) is seeking individual consultants to be included in a Procurement Advisory and Consultancy Roster (PACR) to provide procurement services to CDB’s client agencies in its Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs). CDB shall conclude framework agreements, with agreed daily fee rates, with candidates deemed to have the necessary qualifications and experience and these consultants shall form part of the PACR. CDB will compare and select consultants from the PACR for specific assignments and “call down” services under their framework agreements. In addition, CDB reserves the right to share details of consultants on the roster with CDB client agencies who are seeking to contract procurement consultants on CDB financed projects.
The objective of the assignments are likely to include but may not be limited to:
• To act on behalf of CDB in providing advisory and capacity building services to Recipients of CDB financing (herein referred to as “Recipients”) to support them to expedite the necessary procurement activities under specific CDB projects in accordance with the relevant financing agreement between the Recipient and CDB and CDB’s Procurement Guidelines, including:
- Procurement Planning: support to Recipients at project appraisal stage, prior approval of project by CDB’s Board of Directors or equivalent, to undertake necessary market research and support the development of appropriate procurement arrangements and plan for project execution;
- Procurement Implementation: advice/support in areas including development of bidding documents, evaluation exercises and development of evaluation report, negotiations and contract award/contract management issues.
• General procurement training and capacity building for agencies in BMCs.
Successful candidates will be registered on the PACR for an initial period of two (2) years, with the possibility of a further extension. Entry into the roster does not provide a guarantee of any work. This will depend on forthcoming needs and a further selection process for the assignment in question. Assignments shall typically be short term involving in-country and remote inputs.
CDB now invites interested eligible individual consultants to submit Expressions of Interest indicating qualifications and experience required to provide these consultancy services.
Consultants shall be eligible to participate if:
Eligible countries are member countries of CDB.
- the persons are citizens or bona fide residents of an eligible country; and
- in all cases, the consultant has no arrangement and undertakes not to make any arrangements, whereby any substantial part of the net profits or other tangible benefits of the contract will accrue or be paid to a person not a citizen or bona fide resident of an eligible country.
In the assessment of submissions, consideration will be given to qualifications and experience on similar assignments and specifically:
- graduate or post-graduate qualification in procurement, logistics, finance, accounting, or similar qualification. Preferably will hold a recognised procurement qualification;
- at least ten (10) years’ experience in the field of procurement, specifically in the context of Multi- lateral Development Banks;
- transactional procurement and procurement advisory/consultancy experience, including on infrastructure projects;
- ability to prepare and provide procurement training and capacity building services, particularly in the context of low capacity environments; and
- ability to provide high quality technical advice and to prepare guides and manuals.
All information must be submitted in English. Further information may be obtained from the first address below between 9:00 and 12:00 hours Monday to Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in pdf format no later than August 20, 2018. The email subject line should state “Expression of Interest – Procurement Advisory and Consultancy Roster” and the email body must state the name and address of the applicant. The Expression of Interest will be deemed to have been received at the time that it is received by CDB. The burden of proving receipt of the e-mail will be on the applicant and will not be met solely by a read receipt or sent items report generated by the Consultant’s computer.
Following the assessment of submissions, the most technically capable and appropriately experienced applicants will be invited to negotiate a framework contract to provide the aforementioned consultancy services and once signed added to the PACR. CDB reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel the present invitation partially or in its entirety. CDB will not be bound to assign any reason for not engaging the services of any applicant and will not defray any costs incurred by any applicant in the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest.
Caribbean Development Bank Procurement Policy Unit
P.O. Box 408
Wildey, St. Michael Barbados, W.I. BB11000
Tel: +1(246) 431-1600