PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI’s core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.
PSI seeks candidates for the position Procurement and Logistics Officer to conduct purchasing of health commodities for Principal Recipients (PR) of Global Fund programs under the Global Fund Voluntary Pooled Procurement Mechanism. This position is for an initial three year term, renewable on renewal of the project. The Procurement Officer will report to a Senior Procurement Officer or Project Manager and will be based in Washington, D.C.
- Liaise with demand and forecasting team to determine procurement needs and appropriate delivery schedules
- Conduct international tenders or request for quotes to obtain bids for health commodities
- Prepare purchase orders and contracts
- Prepare bid evaluation forms for PR and/or donor review
- Liaise with freight and logistics team to arrange transportation and delivery of the health commodities
- Process payments to vendors
- Provide regular status reports to PR
- Ensure that health commodities meet PR specification and appropriate international quality standards
- Liaise with the quality assurance team to arrange for routine quality assurance
- Other duties as required
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience in procurement, logistics or a related field
- Willing to travel up to 25% of time to countries
- Exceptional communication, multi-tasking and computer skills
- Fluency in French or Spanish required
- Experience working on US Government, Global Fund and/or World Bank-funded projects
Successful candidates will possess knowledge of rules of international trade and public procurement; degree in business administration or related subject; pharmaceutical or medical device procurement or sales experience; experience with non-profit and/or international development organizations (overseas work experience in a developing country a plus); knowledge of Global Fund, USAID and World Bank, procedures and regulations; exceptional attention to detail and follow through capabilities; team orientation; demonstrated managerial and analytical skills; willingness to work in a flexible, professional capacity, and to perform a variety of tasks with varying deadlines and priorities; familiarity with or interest in international development.
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.psi.org. No calls or emails, please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.