The successful candidate will oversee the day to day management of procurement activities, ensuring that those activities uphold AECF procurement policy and best practices in all aspects of procurement implementation. Oversight of procurement solicitations and sourcing procedures, cost and selection analysis, reviewing vendor payment requests, monitoring awardee performance and maintaining procurement files.
The work involves maintaining strong relationships with internal and external clients and adherence to policies & procedures.
· Review and Implement AECFs’ procurement policies and guidelines; establish and implement internal controls systems and procedures;
· Establish a clear procurement plan ensuring that requests are managed effectively ensuring enough time is provided to complete all necessary processes;
· Identify company needs and requirements by liaising with the business units for both goods and services to support the strategic objectives of the business and build specifications for the identified needs and requirements to ensure compatibility with the business needs.
· Oversee the reviewing, recording and prioritizing of purchasing requests and obtaining additional information/documentation as required;
· Guide the provision of quality assistance in preparation of requisitions in view of scope of work and specifications of goods and services;
· Propose product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings and guide in the determination of availability of funding sources;
· Identify and recommend sources of procurement and take the lead in interviewing potential suppliers;
· Ensure proper custody of tender documents and make them available whenever necessary;
· Oversee the preparation of abstracts of offers and compilation of data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier meets the various specifications and requirements of the service.
· Facilitate the negotiation of terms and conditions of orders, obtaining credit and other information on proposed suppliers;
· Manage the finalization of purchase orders and contracts for approval in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepare submission for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
· Resolve issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received, demurrages;
· Manage the co-ordination of disposal of obsolete and surplus materials/assets;
· Ensure relevant internal databases and files are well maintained, keeping track of any contractual agreements, framework arrangements etc.
· Constantly conduct research, retrieve and present information from a variety of internal and external sources on suppliers of goods and services, prevailing market rises and relevant market trends.
· Ensure the Conflict of Interest Policy is upheld throughout all processes of procurement;
· Manage all contracts issued and ensure that they are up-to-date and adhered to by the authorized suppliers.
· Oversee day to day travel and logistics management and ensure that all travel and logistics complies with AECF’s travel policy;
· Review travel authorizations, confirm budgets where necessary;
· Ensure staff understand the AECF travel policies and procedures by conducting frequent trainings.
Training & capacity building
· Oversee and ensure regular Procurement and Logistics trainings for staff;
· Develop and maintain an effective orientation package, and ensure that new staff members are appropriately orientated on Procurement policies and procedures in a timely manner;
· Ensure that Procurement department maintains cooperative relations with other departments, and interacts with them in a positive manner;
· Ensure the procurement department maintains good relations with external parties, including investees.
· Oversee the management of all supplies for the organization, ensuring the Administration team are logging all incoming and outgoing supplies and any discrepancies are investigated and reported.
· Manage the process of procurement and delivery of supplies to office/sites/training/events, ensuring all items are logged in and any extra supplies are returned to the office and logged correctly where necessary.
Required qualifications, experience and competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement.
· Diploma from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or equivalent certification from a recognized institution;
· Seven (7) years’ experience in a busy procurement environment
· Knowledge of ERP systems and related software
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
· Excellent numeracy, literacy and organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in French will be an added advantage.
· Strong client service orientation and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude with internal and external clients.
· Knowledge of EU, FCDO and USAID procurement rules and regulations
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The AECF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “Procurement Manager – AECF/NOV/PM/2020” and attach a detailed CV with correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. To be considered, your application must be received by Friday 4th December 2020 addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please visit www.aecfafrica.org
About the Organization
The AECF (Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund) is a nonprofit institution supporting early and growth stage businesses to innovate, create jobs, leverage investments and markets in an effort to create resilience and sustainable incomes for rural poor and marginalized communities in Africa.
AECF’s strategy is focused on agribusiness/agriculture and renewable energy sectors with increased support to climate technologies, deepened focus on gender, youth, and employment, aimed at attaining the institution’s vision of ‘A Prosperous and Enterprising Rural Africa’.
Since 2008, AECF has invested in 292 businesses across sub-Sahara Africa focusing on Agribusiness, Renewable Energy and Climate Technologies. As at 2019, we have impacted more than 27.7 million lives and created over 26,000 jobs and leveraged over US$ 750 million in matching funds from the private sector.
AECF has implemented programs across Africa delivering tangible impact for communities most in need. We want to tell the AECF story and are looking for an experienced Communications Manager to support and amplify AECF’s program work.
AECF is headquartered in Kenya with offices in Cote d’ Ivoire and Tanzania.