Summary: Leads procurement activities for Pathfinder, including centralized procurement to ensure compliance with legal and donor regulations and to ensure economies-of-scale and highest quality vendors.
The position is assigned to Pathfinder’s Accelerating Universal Access to Family Planning (AUAFP) project in Bangladesh. AUAFP is a five year multi-million dollar project funded by USAID. The project aims to strengthen and expand access to quality family planning services through a collaborative health system capacity building partnership with the government of Bangladesh, specifically through a flexible implementation model led in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, including the National Institute of Population Research and Training, the Directorate General of Family Planning, and the Directorate General of Health Services.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Procurement Policies and Procedures: Develops and updates procurement policies and procedures including changes to donor and federal regulations. Facilitates compliance with Pathfinder procurement policies and procedures by setting an example, educating partners, and appropriately escalating issues when required or unsure.
- Vendor Database Management: Develops and manages a preferred vendor database.
- Due Diligence Processes and Procedures: Develops, updates, and implements due diligence policies and procedures.
- Internal Relationship Development: Develops and maintains the internal relationships required to understand the operational needs of Pathfinder to develop thorough cost/benefit analysis of a procurement.
- Procurement Process Management: Manages all procurements and ensures compliance with Pathfinder policy and funder regulations, including requests for quotes/proposals, negotiating rates, reviewing proposals and vendor selection, ensuring vendor vetting, and preparing vendor contracts.
- Supplier Performance Monitoring: Monitors supplier performance, works with suppliers on issues management and changes suppliers as required. Oversees contract management for all suppliers and vendors and creation of purchase requisitions as required. Executes supplier agreements (signing the contract).
- Tracking: Tracks purchases and invoices based on approved purchase orders or emails from requestor.
- Sourcing Team Management: Leads sourcing teams, including multiple business units.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates in cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job=Specific Competencies:
- Procurement Management Principles, Processes and Practices: Advanced knowledge of supplier management, RFQ, and cost saving initiatives.
- Negotiation Skills: Advanced skills in negotiations.
- Reports: Proven ability to frequently prepare reports and logs.
- Change Leadership: Proven ability lead change and to remain flexible to ever-changing environments while adapting well to different situations.
- Due Diligence Process and Procedures: Ability to develop, implement and maintain due diligence process and procedures.
- Sourcing Team Management: Ability to source and manage sourcing teams.
- Knowledge of Local Rules: Must be familiar with USAID VAT Coupon use and Bangladesh Government VAT and TAX regulations.
- High Ethical Standard: Must be able to recognize and avoid conflict of interest in compliance with Pathfinder’s requirement.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Multi-tasking Skills: Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others at all levels in the organization through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to develop and maintain supplier relations.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Advanced knowledge of procurement software.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidential on work-related matters.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or related field; or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
- 5 years of relevant procurement experience of which at least 3 years experience working with USAID Project in Bangladesh.
- Must have training related to USAID Procurement rules and regulations
- Travel may be required in the Project Work Areas
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
About the Organization
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.