Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking experienced Procurement Specialists for an anticipated five year donor-funded project in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno is currently providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services in over 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Procurement Specialist will execute day-to-day procurement and contract administration activities of the Program as per the set procedures, manual, template and guidelines. The Procurement Specialist will assist senior members of the team in implementing tasks related to the procurement of large value goods, works, and services. Specific responsibilities include:
- Execute and coordinate day-to-day procurement activities for acquisition of goods, services, and works, encompassing but not limited to verifying technical specifications or terms of reference, preparing letters of invitation/requests for quotations, overseeing evaluation processes, drafting evaluation reports, contracts, and minutes of contract negotiations, and ensuring all procurements are carried out in accordance with procurement regulations and the conditions of the grant and implementation agreement.
- Assist with advertising, correspondence, bid receipt, and bid opening for all procurements, strictly in accordance with agreed procurement procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a database of companies expressing interest in the Program’s procurement.
- Provide contract administration services including arranging for proper inspection, ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of contracts, assisting with contract amendments, and ensuring completion of works and delivery of goods.
- Monitor and report on procurement implementation status and progress of ongoing contracts. Maintain procurement and contract files.
- Minimum five years of experience working as a procurement professional
- Good understanding of procurement processes, procedures, and best practices
- Experience working with international development institutions’ procurement procedures is an added advantage (World Bank, USAID, or Millennium Challenge Corporation)
- Experience working on projects in the policy stability development, access to land and/or transport sectors is desirable
- Proactive and quick learner; demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, law, economics, finance, or public administration
Computer Skills –
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English – reading, writing, and speaking
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.