The Program Analyst will be responsible for supporting the programs of the Touch Foundation, Inc. based in Mwanza, Tanzania. The Program Analyst will also work on various projects in support of Touch’s programs in Tanzania and will contribute to activities that span across program development and design, program implementation, operations, monitoring and reporting. The Analyst will work in close contact with the program team based in Mwanza and with Touch leadership on the ground. In Tanzania, he/she will work under the strategic direction of our Chief Program Officer and Executive Vice President, a former McKinsey Senior Engagement Manager, and supervision of Touch’s Program Managers located in Tanzania.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As job vacancy announcements cannot be exhaustive, the Program Analyst may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Support various activities related to the development and implementation of the Foundation’s programs, working in collaboration with program team and in-country partners.
- Conduct research and strategic analyses to support program development and implementation.
- Support development of work-plans and budgets for various projects.
- Support the implementation of programs, collaborating with implementation partners and vendors as appropriate.
- Conduct data analyses to understand, evaluate and report program impact.
- Maintain holistic and detailed understanding of program work as well as opportunities for expansion.
- Collaborate with program team to undertake effective monitoring and evaluation of the programs.
- Support the execution of special projects and events, such as visits to Tanzania by important guests.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
Touch Foundation, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic track record.
- Strong experience developing a variety of communication materials.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to proactively work independently and also as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Solid relationship building skills: ability to interface with external constituents.
- Exceptional detail-oriented skills.
- Superior organizational and planning skills for balancing multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Good judgement and discretion to represent the Touch Foundation in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to respond to shifting needs with flexibility while maintaining a positive approach and sense of humor.
About the Organization
Touch Foundation Inc. was founded in 2004 to strengthen the health system in Tanzania. Touch has supported the training of over 3,700 healthcare workers in Tanzania including 800 medical doctors, representing 14% of all doctors graduated in the country since 2008, as well as 1,900 other healthcare professionals such as nurses, lab technicians, and radiographers.
Please visit our website at www.touchfoundation.org to learn more about us.