Highlight is seeking a detail-oriented Program Analyst with strong interpersonal, coordination, and communication skills to support USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning / Office of Development Cooperation (PPL/DC). This is a dynamic, fast-paced office that oversees the Agency’s engagement with bilateral donor partners and multilateral organizations in order to promote policy alignment, advance the Agency’s thought leadership, enhance long-term partnerships and burden-sharing, and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Agency programming.
In this role, you will work as a member of the PPL/DC team to strengthen engagement with internal and external stakeholders, and will support PPL’s coordination role on Agency-wide development and humanitarian assistance issues. You will work with a range of experts across multiple bureaus within the Agency to develop briefing materials, ensure consistency in messaging, and advise senior leadership on opportunities and priorities for engagement with key bilateral donor partners. You should have the ability to multitask and build relationships across a range of partners to achieve PPL/DC’s overall objectives.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on policy and technical matters, both orally and in writing.
- Substantive input in the drafting of briefing materials for senior leadership.
- Draft policy papers, guidance documents, reports, summaries and other documents.
- Research and analyze a variety of policy issues in order to provide input into the formulation of broader U.S. Government development strategy and policy.
- Development and implementation of organizational systems to track U.S. Government feedback to inform policy positions.
- US Citizenship required.
- Current DOD Secret clearance required.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field with 5 years of work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of work experience.
- Experience working on issues of foreign policy and development; budgeting, strategic planning, or other relevant areas as required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex processes involving several different stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate complex programming concepts into clear, concise written documents and oral presentations required.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and consistently work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of large size entities working in international development or foreign affairs.
About the Organization
Know Way. Know How.
For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize results.