Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
The Office of Local Sustainability, within USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3/LS), is seeking a Mission Support Program Analyst to provide technical and administrative support for E3/LS programming, with a primary focus on providing direct support to USAID missions that is focused on locally led development.
E3/LS works toward the day when foreign assistance is no longer needed - and empowered local actors lead and sustain their own development. Through funding and technical leadership, E3/LS provides USAID missions and staff with the knowledge, skills, tools, and resources to ensure that development assistance is locally led and advances self-reliance. E3/LS manages several flagship initiatives: Local Works, the Cooperative Development Program (CDP), the Small Project Assistance Program (SPA, in collaboration with Peace Corps), a number of co-created research and development initiatives, and the Locally Led Development Annual Program Statement (APS). The Office also uses its resources to provide communications, research, training, piloting, and other technical services for the benefit of the wider Agency. For more information, visit the Office online.
- Providing remote and in-person technical support to USAID missions and local partners in program design, implementation, and adaptive management.
- Training USAID mission staff and local partners in relevant analytical approaches, which may include systems/network analysis, program design, asset-based community development, and constituent feedback, among others.
- Travel to USAID missions to work with field staff and grantees, which may include supporting monitoring efforts, tracking progress, and providing technical support.
- Assisting with program monitoring and learning.
- Providing administrative and technical support for data collection, procurement planning/management, financial management, Agency reporting, document preparation, and other needs as identified.
- Support E3/LS and Agency-wide learning efforts in support of local ownership and self-reliance.
- Keeping track of new developments and emerging issues in the field of locally led development.
- Master’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in a relevant field with at least four years of experience relevant to international development.
- Successful experience working directly with complex international development matters, which may include analysis, program design/implementation, technical/advisory support, and/or training.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural, interpersonal, customer-service, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform tasks independently with limited direction.
- Experience living and/or working in developing countries and resource poor settings.
- Experience with project management, administration, reporting, monitoring, procurement and financial operations (preferably in international development).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google G Suite.
- Familiarity with USAID program cycle and regulations.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
About the Organization
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.