Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
Dexis Professional Services (DPS) is seeking a Program Assistant to support the Office of Economic Policy in the Bureau of Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3), in the Office of Planning, Learning and Coordination (PLC). The PLC Office supports the strategies and implementation plans to achieve the Bureau’s mandate, develops annual budget requests, and communicates results of Bureau programs through outreach events and activities. This position is full time, based in Washington, DC and the start date is immediate.
- Processes travel requests on receipt of itineraries, including reservations, ticketing, and visas/passports within two working days.
- Obtains country clearances for international travel via email/cable as appropriate two weeks prior to departure date.
- Processes Travel vouchers within five working days from traveler’s return.
- Properly documents the travel in Agency’s electronic systems (e.g., E2i Solutions, E-Trams, etc.). Enters all data in E-TRAMS system for COR which consists of updating the projected travel, estimated costs as well as justification for travel.
- Manages, tracks, and analyzes the travel plan and process. Prepares travel authorizations and travel vouchers. Commits Operating Expense and Program funds for travelers.
- Reviews office correspondence for proper formatting as prescribed in official agency guidance.
- Keeps abreast and implements agency guidance to ensure proper document management through clearance processes, electronic filing, etc.
- Produces documents to a very high standard without need for re-editing prior to clearance and dissemination from office.
- Prepares correspondence and documents (typing, formatting, preparing as draft and final correspondence, cables and program documents)
- Distributes correspondence and documents (receive and distribute mail, faxes, cables and other requested information)
- Tracks, controls, and files documents (log and track documents, standardizes and maintains files according to Agency Records Management directives.
- Assists in entering Acquisition and Assistance System requests and updates the procurement plan.
- Using Microsoft Excel, tracks and updates the payment of vouchers for grants. Coordinates with the COR to update vouchers, ensuring that they are logged in cleared by the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and returned to Financial Management Office in a timely manner, usually within five working days. Analyzes performance of individual CORs in timely voucher processing by using the Excel database function. Analyzes burn rates of largest contracts to help the office with funds management.
- Assists the Bureau’s Program Office in the accrual process by distributing Accrual work sheets to the CORs and entering modified accrual in the Phoenix system. This process is done quarterly. Prior to the beginning to the exercise, sends out email describing the accrual process and deadlines to prepare Contracting Officer Representatives (COR) as well as gather as information for each obligation, especially for CORs on travel.
General Administrative Support
- Assists in preparation of routine reports, e.g., weekly reports, calendars of events, lists of publications, etc.
- Participates in strategic planning by recommending ways to improve office management and identifying future office needs.
- Provides logistical support for office meetings, brown bag seminar, workshops, conferences, retreats and other events.
- Maintains Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) personnel and document files.
- Develops tracking system to help team leader manage process for timely performance reviews, promotions, and time and attendance.
- Maintains administrative files and manages records.
- Serves as WebTA timekeeper (time and attendance) for direct hire employees. This consists of entering time and attendance for employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides telephone coverage
- Provides Photocopying/Faxing/Scanning services.
- Handles data entry, spreadsheets, databases, mailing lists, supply orders
- Updates and maintains Directors’ calendars to resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Supports team leaders and analysts in tracking the budget to ensure that it aligns with the procurement plan.
- Obligates and de-obligates funds in Phoenix system working with E3 Budget Analyst.
- High school diploma and 3 years related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience and high proficiency with office technology and software (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management preferred).
- Current Active Secret Clearance required
- Knowledge of USAID and/or U.S. Government administrative procedures preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience interacting with senior-level officials.
About the Organization
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.