Banyan Global is a growing international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. Banyan Global works seamlessly in six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning. The Banyan Global Program Coordinator II provides financial, administrative, and programmatic support to assist in the implementation of Banyan Global’s worldwide projects. This position is ideal for a candidate who is interested in learning the business and administrative side of international development, starting up and supporting field programs and increasing their knowledge in the health, gender, and economic growth fields. This position reports directly to the Contracts Officer and is based in Washington, DC. Candidates have either US citizenship, permanent residency, or a work permit.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide project coordination support to Banyan Global’s projects.
- Support project start-up, including opening a field office, hiring staff, and supporting development of key start-up deliverables.
- Process travel advances, expense reports and invoices.
- Assist program manager with budget development, pipeline tracking and analysis and budget modifications.
- Draft consulting agreements and mobilize staff and consultants for long- and short-term assignments, including handling travel logistics. Serve as primary contact for consultants on administrative issues.
- Liaise with contracting agencies and other clients on administrative issues.
- Work with program managers and consultants to produce project deliverables in technical areas, such as health, economic growth, gender and monitoring, evaluation, and learning. This will include researching, editing, and formatting documents and training materials, and developing PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with new business development.
- Assist with communications outreach, website updates and success stories.
- International travel may be required on an occasional basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 1-2 years of prior experience working with a USAID funded contractor.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience editing a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Strong office and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- French or Spanish speaking skills a plus but not required.
About the OrganizationBanyan Global is a small, women-owned development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Through market-driven, business approaches, Banyan Global works with the private sector, civil society, and government to improve livelihoods, build markets, and promote efficient resource allocation in developing and transitional economies. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within four practice areas: health sector development, microfinance, enterprise development, and financial sector development. Gender is a cross-cutting area of expertise.
Banyan Global brings together a unique team of professionals with experience in international development and the private sector. Banyan Global provides advisory, policy, and regulatory services; program management; technical assistance and training; and research and evaluation. Banyan Global also provides niche expertise in gender and post-conflict. Banyan Global's clients include leading bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, regional development banks, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, business, and industry. Banyan Global holds a significant portfolio of subcontracts for USAID-funded work and has worked in more than 35 countries, serving clients in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
More Jobs from this Organization