Position: Program Development Manager
Location: Dhaka (travel to CXB and field offices as needed)
Duration: 1 year
Reports to: Country Director
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Development Manager is an integral member of RI‘s Grants Management, Development & Communication Team in Bangladesh. He/She will closely work with CD and Program Department explore new program opportunities/development, assist in preparation of concept note/project proposal, coordinate with potential partners, consultants/expert, donor agencies and other relevant stakeholders. The position will be expected to provide support to donor communications including reporting and situation reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with CD and Program Heads develop strategy for expansion of program in new areas and sectors;
- Maintain outreach with relevant international and local NGOs as well as private sector firms in order to facilitate partnerships needed for program development opportunities;
- Attend relevant meetings and networking events (e.g., relevant RFA/P meetings, pre bid meeting, donor consultations etc.) as needed for the performance of duties;
- Seek out new partners and donors in selected project areas;
- Develop capture plans and conduct completion analysis on upcoming priority proposals.
- Through networking, identify as early as possible future funding opportunities and develop a donor mapping;.
- Support Country Director in a variety of tasks including tracking and identifying new funding sources and donor trends to support RI’s programs; assist in proposal and budget development; develop pre-positioning plans on upcoming priority proposals
- Lead needs assessments in new sectors/communities to inform project design, proposals, partners and donors
- Where proposals are pending with donor agencies, may meet with donor officers to ensure program plans represent a good fit with donor objectives;
- Lead the development and submission of Requests for Proposals/Concept Note from institutional donors
- Participate in the preparation of funding proposals, including leading proposal writing efforts as well as costing efforts;
- Continual review other implementing organizations’ activities to identify gap areas, overlap and potential synergies
- Support development of RI’s Bangladesh strategy through inclusion of analysis and trends, development of marketing materials such as country profiles, technical sector capacity statements, success stories, case studies, assessment reports, contents for communication materials etc.
- Train key staff in program design and proposal development
- Develop a pool of consultants/experts who can be contracted for various program development opportunities
- Undertake travel within the country as required in the pursuit of the above tasks;
- Regularly solicit stories, and notable developments or achievements from program teams.
- Assist with development of promotional materials, including Annual Report and other program-related collateral
- Lead and coordinate preparation of reports for donor agencies;
- As needed represent RI in partner meetings, Emergency Sub Committee Meeting of INGO Forum, conferences, and other networking events
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability and willingness to travel to field offices;
• Bachelor/masters in international relations, polictical science, social science, development studies, economics, business administration or other relevant field;
• 5 years minimum experience INGO context, previous experience with USAID, EU, UN, WFP, IOM etc. preferred;
• Proven success in grant writing, net-working and liaising
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
About the Organization
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RIFrance and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.