Program Development Officer, USAID/Armenia Support Initiative, Yerevan
The Armenia Support Initiative seeks to support the Armenian government’s technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
**Please note: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position.**
This position is primarily responsible for the identification, development and implementation of national and field-level activities. The Program Development Officer will make and maintain relationships with key partners, government officials, and community leaders within their assigned technical or geographical area. They will design activities and in-kind grants, coordinate with program leadership, and work closely with partners. The PDO is also responsible for coordinating political and security situational updates and conveying that information to SMT. They will provide M&E support on an ongoing basis for activities during activity implementation. This position will be based in Yerevan with an estimated 75% travel to the regions of Armenia.
Guiding Program Strategy
- Work with Senior Management to formulate program strategy and identify geographic areas, government bodies and population groups for activity development in line with program strategy.
- Travel to targeted communities for assessments when needed.
Develop Activity Ideas
- Lead in the identification of communities, community groups and government bodies within area of responsibility where program objectives can be met and draft activity ideas.
- After activities have undergone initial review and considered viable, document the activity in the Activity Database.
- In collaboration with M&E staff, set indicators and a monitoring plan for each activity.
- Prepare in-kind grant packages for review by Senior Management.
Liaise with Grantees and Counterparts
- Collaborate in preparing for and conducting project development and implementation meetings.
- Maintain working relationships and liaise with project counterparts, international organizations, and local and national authorities as appropriate.
Track Activity Progress
- Collaborate in the response to ad hoc requests for information as well as frequent reporting to USAID.
- Support Grants Specialist with activity close out.
- Support with data collection, as needed, and with contributions to the final evaluation reports.
- Assist in preparing success stories/anecdotes on individual projects and other public information material, including photographs for both internal and external purposes.
- Enter information into the Activity Database for activity management.
- Provide capacity building and/or training to supervisees as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in project development and implementation, preferably in close collaboration with the Government of Armenia.
- University degree in relevant field.
- Willingness to travel extensively on multi-week travel to regions of Armenia.
- Experience working with political transition programs is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning and implementation.
- Advance knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Determination, commitment, efficiency and adaptability.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of, and ability to work within complex socio-political environments.
- Ability to work under difficult conditions while maintaining security awareness.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Spoken and written English and Armenian is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.