Devex is assisting an international, non-profit organization in its search for a Program Director to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. The organization is global leader in the design, development and delivery of positive impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. They work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Purpose of the Position
The key role of the Program Director is to be the Strategic Leader for INOVASI, establishing and guiding the implementation of a vision that is aligned with DFAT objectives and priorities, is grounded in the political and institutional reality of Indonesia, draws on best practice in school improvement and organizational change while being responsive to diverse circumstances and capacity. The Program Director has overall in-country programmatic, financial and management responsibility for the Program.
Under the direction of the Contractor Representative, the Program Director will:
- Establish the vision and assume overall leadership of the INOVASI program;
- Serve as the organization’s senior representative and as such ensures that risks are minimised, company policies, processes and procedures are adhered to, and the project is compliant with client policies, rules and regulations.
- Serve as the primary liaison with DFAT, key GoI stakeholders, and other donors, partners, and stakeholders;
- Provide overall strategic, technical, programmatic, financial and management guidance and support for project activities;
- Lead the develop and maintenance of all programmatic and operational strategy and planning document, ensuring appropriate consultation is held with DFAT, MoEC, the INOVASI team, and the organization’s management.
- Ensure effective implementation of the INOVASI work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets DFAT and MoEC expectations and is contractually compliant;;
- Work with the senior management team to build and maintain a cohesive team, support the ongoing professional development and capacity for innovation of team members, ensure linkages and collaboration vertically and horizontally in the program;
- Ensure that program outputs are delivered in a timely manner, that higher-level objectives and outcomes are met and that all financial, operational, and reporting requirements of DFAT are fulfilled to a high degree;
- Lead engagement with a wide range of stakeholders at the district, provincial and national level to support problem identification, planning and prioritisation of activities, and enthusiastically stimulate innovation and risk taking;
- Ensure consistent implementation of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and, where applicable, recommend modifications;
- Ensure the project provides and demonstrates good Value for Money;
- Act as spokesperson for the program and present its work regionally / globally;
- Regularly consult with DFAT and MoEC on the progress and direction of the Program;
- Build a culture within the INOVASI team of using lessons learned to support continuous improvement;
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the Contractor Representative or DFAT consistent with the incumbent’s qualifications and experience
Qualifications and Experience
The Program Director will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree in education or relevant development subject or appropriate tertiary qualification and significant, relevant experience in education;
- Over 15 years of professional experience managing donor funded programs;
- Preferred knowledge and experience of Indonesia’s institutional structures and key stakeholders in the education system;
- Strong financial acumen and high level of organisational skill and time-management capability;
- Proven experience working in sensitive situations, challenging policy environments, and within institutions / ministries with similar context to Indonesia;
- To have highly developed stakeholder engagement, communication and relationship management skills;
- To have highly developed strategic planning skills and experience leading complex development programs and leading an effective cross-cultural team;
- Experience with DFAT or other development agency work, preferably within the education sector;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is highly desirable.
To apply, please send your most updated CV to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
We are Devex, a driving force in global development on a mission to connect people, information and ideas to make a $200-billion industry do more good for more people. Through devex.com, we offer news, business information, and recruiting services to our 500,000-member community including CARE, Microsoft, World Bank UNDP, ADB, and other leading firms, donor agencies, NGOs and development professionals.
Headquartered in Washington DC, and with offices in Barcelona, Manila and Tokyo, our social enterprise consists of 100 accomplished, über-smart, dynamic, exuberant staff who give their all to make sure what we do makes a difference. Devex offers competitive salaries and benefits as well as creative spaces, flexible schedules, snack-filled fridges and all the espresso you can drink. If you see yourself as part of a progressive group of global development game changers, join us!