Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up, even disgusted, with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
We are currently recruiting a Program Lead to provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to our global programs. This is an exciting opportunity for a holistic health systems thinker, enthusiastic to shape the growth of our enterprise and who is keen to provide technical leadership to a cutting-edge portfolio.
This dynamic role requires a combination of strong facilitation, and management acumen and a creative and dynamic mindset to drive ideation, innovation and growth. We are seeking individual(s) who will enable and empower teams, contribute to our organizational values, learning and high performance while driving external engagement with regional and global actors.
- Serve as an unabashed advocate for creatively disrupting the status quo of health sector development in favor of a pragmatic, country-centered approach;
- Launch new projects, establish and build high performing project teams, provide technical quality review of key project outputs;
- Facilitate linkages across projects and with the learning and development agenda across the organization;
- Oversee and nurture external relationships linked to program leveraging in our global and country level platforms, with clients, partners, funders, host countries, and other key stakeholders;
- Provide project management guidance and mentorship for line management staff in planning the portfolio, compliance for deliverables and budgeting.
Design Lab - ThinkWell’s hub for creativity, strategy, service innovation and new business
- Contribute to the design lab strategy, which includesdriving expansion in new technical areas and securing new funding sources for ThinkWell - examples are as follows;
- Technical areas include commercial sector engagement, humanitarian/transition financing, early-stage ideas across public and private portfolio for potential impact investment, adoption of innovative technology across public and private portfolio
- Fundraising includes innovative funding arms within traditional donor agencies, philanthropists, private foundations, and investors (including development finance institutions, impact investors, traditional venture capital, and private equity firms), and European aid agencies.
- Serve as key ideation expert, to design innovations for traditional and non-traditional bids and proposals, and leveraging opportunities within existing traditional projects to ideate innovations for non-traditional funders;
- Represent ThinkWell by networking with donors, program partners and other stakeholders at technical meetings and events.
“The Well”- ThinkWell’s Cultural and Knowledge Hub
- Participate on ThinkWell’s technical advisory platforms across the firm; this includes active contributions as a member of ‘The Well’ learning and development initiatives, strategy clinics and technical advisory roles on global projects;
- Provide mentorship and training to project teams across the firm on technical areas including Health Financing, private sector engagement;
- Facilitate the collaboration of internal experts to support portfolio needs;
- Serve as a cultural ambassador for the firm internally and externally;
- Support the Well and the “Talent Accelerator” unit to recruit, retain and support the enculturation of staff into ThinkWell’s way of being.
- Graduate degree in public health, health economics, health management or related degree preferred;
- At least 15 years of relevant work experience in the health sector;
- Extensive experience working with ministries of health and finance, traditional bilateral donors, foundations and philanthropy groups;
- Strong network in the health systems and health policy community preferred;
- Demonstrated skills in strategy development and implementation, leadership, capacity building, mentoring, fundraising and problem solving;
- Excellent spoken, analytical, and writing skills in English and preferably in another language (eg, French);
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%.
Who you are
- An inspiring leader who models the principles of conscious leadership and embraces facilitation and mentorship as the primary tools for leadership;
- Ability to rally staff around ThinkWell’s advocacy-oriented and transformative vision
- Possesses a distaste for the status quo of the development sector with a burning desire to catalyze its transformation;
- Has a ‘can-do’, ‘anything is possible, ‘start-up’ ethos combined with a strong sense of urgency and action orientation;
- A strong believer that traditional, top-down management is a relic of the past and used as a last-resort management tool. Instead, you possess a strong desire to lead with a facilitative and mentoring approach;
- Thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of achieving development outcomes;
- Burning penchant to fearlessly challenge conventional wisdom;
- Committed to modeling a work culture that strongly espouses individual authenticity, radical feedback, intelligent failure, and collective impact;
- Ability to flourish in a dynamic, often chaotic, organization that fundamentally values iteration and evolution over stability and predictability;
- Ability to externally represent and convey ThinkWell’s passion, conviction, impatience, anger, and desire to see change;
- Intuitive ability to relate and connect with people from different cultures, orientations, and operating lenses (political, technical, funder, business partner, etc); with special acumen on maintaining positive relations in a virtual world.