CAMRIS seeks an HQ-based Program Manager (PM) to provide management support to implement US-based and overseas programs for CAMRIS International. In particular, this position supports the USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Project. The MEL Project supports achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs. The PM works to ensure completion of key deliverables while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. S/he responds to client requests, oversees program progress and writes reports on program implementation for the donor and HQ leadership. S/he performs tasks with autonomy and good judgement. Additionally, s/he provides technical assistance in the capture, design, and drafting of new program proposals to generate new business. The PM reports to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
* Provides overall program management and support to CAMRIS’ Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project (NMEL) to fulfill the project’s technical goals and objectives.
* Maintains effective working relationships with USAID/Nepal and other US Government clients.
* Supports recruitment of project staff consistent with CAMRIS policies and position descriptions and USAID contract requirements.
* Supervises NMEL contract/grant invoicing and budget management alerting management to any issues.
* Develops/Reviews NMEL work plans, prepares presentations, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities.
* Works to ensure prompt resolution of implementation problems.
* Adheres to CAMRIS policies and procedures and applies them consistently throughout programs.
* Reviews, edits and comments on NMEL project scopes of work, and all technical deliverables.
* Maintains all project materials, files, emails, and other relevant documentation.
* Coordinates with other partners to effectively manage programs.
* Travels to Nepal and other field projects, when necessary, to provide technical and operational support.
* Supports business development activities by , contributing to proposal development, capture planning, conceptualizing teaming, technical approaches, and cost strategies to maximize CAMRIS’ competitive advantage.
* Reports to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred, in a related field with over three years of experience in project and/or staff management.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for contracts, cooperative agreements and/or grants under contract.
* Strong project management skills including experience with US Government funded projects.
* Knowledge of and commitment to international development issues and programming.
* Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), learning and knowledge management..
* Experience analyzing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and use new software.
* Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff. Excellent writing, and editing skills.
* Experience working overseas preferred.
* Language fluency in French or Spanish preferred.
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.