World Vision International – Southern Africa Floods and Cyclone Emergency Response (SAFCER)
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Program Manager for the Southern Africa Floods and Cyclone Emergency Response, you will oversees and lead the Sector Programming Team, including Program Officer(s), Design, Monitoring & Evaluation, Humanitarian Accountability and Information Management. You will support the Response Director and Operations Manager in designing the response strategy and operations plan. You will be responsible to manage grant acquisition, assessments, monitoring and humanitarian accountability and liaises with Support Offices and international donors. You will be part of the Response Senior Leadership Team and will play a role in the decision making process with proposals.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Humanitarian Studies or a relevant field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership role in the humanitarian assistance and development sector, with a significant portion of this in NGOs.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in humanitarian assistance work.
- Experience working in war zones / fragile contexts.
- Experience in program management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English. Portuguese or Spanish a plus.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts psychologically stressful environs and physical hardships.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 April 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.