World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing a more peaceful and just world through education, development, and exchange. We are seeking an experienced Program Manager for the anticipated US Department of State Fulbright Student Program. The Program Manager will lead overall effective program implementation, overseeing day-to-day technical, operational, and financial administration of the award.
• Oversee the administration and implementation of the Fulbright Student Program, including donor relations, award compliance, program outreach and promotion, program management systems, participant monitoring and support, and monitoring and evaluation.
• Liaise with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. embassies and Fulbright Commissions related to all aspects of program implementation.
• Manage development of efficient processes and systems for applications, student placement, tracking, and monitoring.
• Work closely with US embassies and Fulbright Commissions to support recruitment, outreach, preparation, and alumni programming for Fulbright participants as needed.
• Oversee program outreach and communications strategy; ensure alignment with donor guidelines and standards.
• Supervise program staff; facilitate staff professional development.
• Represent World Learning at relevant conferences, meetings, and other outreach activities related to Fulbright.
• Work collaboratively with World Learning support teams to design and monitor financial, IT, and M&E systems for the program.
• Oversee preparation of high-quality, timely reports to the donor.
• Oversee tracking of all program costs and expenditures, working closely with Finance staff to monitor overall budget and develop quality reports.
• Other duties and assignments as required.
• Master’s degree plus five years of related work experience, or Bachelor’s degree and seven years of related work experience.
• Significant management and supervisory experience.
• Experience managing USG-funded projects to a high standard, including a strong focus on compliance, quality, outcomes, and positive donor relations.
• Demonstrated knowledge of academic exchange implementation and USG policies, specifically of the Fulbright Program.
• Thorough knowledge of the US higher education community.
• Strong cross-cultural and communications skills.
• Excellent organizational ability.
• Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
• A curiosity about the organization as a whole, with the aim of being able to effectively represent World Learning to external audiences commensurate with the position.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
About the Organization
Why World Learning
For more than 85 years, World Learning has worked to create a more peaceful, sustainable, and just world. Our education, development, and exchange programs help people find their voices, connect with their communities, and strengthen the institutions that form the backbone of a democratic society. With our support, these emerging leaders tackle critical global issues like poverty, conflict, and inequality.
As a thriving international nonprofit organization with impact in 150 countries, World Learning works across six major program areas. We’re hard at work improving global education to ensure schools and teachers have the tools they need to support students — including English language instruction through our TESOL teacher training. We encourage civic engagement in communities around the world, and we strengthen institutions so that they can best serve their constituencies. Our workforce developmentprograms help people cultivate the hard and soft skills they need to succeed. And we offer people-to-people exchanges for people of all ages who seek professional and academic enrichment.
All World Learning programs are grounded in five key approaches: experiential learning, leadership development, inclusive practices, innovation, and grants management. We believe in partnering with local experts, organizations, and institutions to find solutions that will truly work for each community. Together, we create the foundations for a better tomorrow.
World Learning is a member of the World Learning Inc.Opens a New Window. family, which also includes The Experiment in International Living and School for International Training.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.