The Program Manager for Education in Bamyan Province will be responsible for the management and strengthening of all aspects of CRS Education programming in Bamyan and Western Ghor Province, including the high-quality implementation of project activities, budget management, management of monitoring and evaluation systems, and donor reporting. The PM will also contribute to reflections on the CRS education strategy, the design of new projects and the development of new proposals. All of the above will be implemented with a strong emphasis on the supervision and capacity building of CRS Bamyan and Western Ghor Education staff, both as a team and as individuals. The Bamyan PM for Education will work closely with counterpart PMs, Head of Programs, and Education national staff to promote learning and improved program quality in CRS.
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles - project design, start-up, implementation and close-out - to ensure efficient and effective implementation of Education Projects in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Directly supervise Senior Project Officers. Provide support in managing team daily and weekly tasks as well as capacity building through performance management and coaching, as well as referring staff for structured capacity building activities. Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Staffing Structure and Recruitment – Work with Head of Office and Head of Programs to adapt the Bamyan and Western Ghor office education team structure to changing program needs. Contribute to the development of organizational charts, job descriptions, and recruitment processes that support clear and realistic expectations from staff and teams.
- Champion learning with project staff. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy.Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate closely with all CP Education staff to ensure that cross-province projects are being implemented according to project strategies, work plans and budgets, and promote cross-learning and capacity building initiatives. Ensure that successes and challenges are communicated with the Head of Programs
- Support senior staff from the education team to compile brief regular (weekly, monthly) reports on project activities and M&E data, especially while transitioning to ICT4D monitoring and analysis. Lead the compilation of reports to donors as per project agreements.
- Support Head of Office and key education staff in maintaining effective working relationships for Education Program activities with the Bamiyan and Ghor Provincial Education Directorates, NGOs, and donors.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of Education required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Project management experience in Education is highly desirable.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Travel Required Est 30% in-country travel to field sites and other office locations
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Bamyan and Western Ghor Senior Project Officers; Deputy Program Advisor; Bamyan and Western Ghor MEAL Officers
Internal: Head of Office; Head of Programs; Country Representative; Education Program Managers
External: Other INGOs; Government ministries and UN agencies
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.