You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Country Program (CP) emergency project, particularly for a joint OFDA and FFP project to meet the immediate food and NFI needs of affected households in the Northwest Region, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming to advance Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its emergency programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of the market-based response project. throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Effectively manage talent for market-based response project and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Lead the development of program learning - identify opportunities for learning, research and publications in the area of food assistance and the distribution of NFI supplies via e-vouchers and implementation of MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices.
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of the CP emergency sector portfolio in line with agency, regional, and CP strategic priorities. Serve as the technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality proposals in food assistance and distribution of NFI supplies via e-vouchers per agency and donor standards. Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in food assistance and the distribution of NFI supplies via e-vouchers for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to market-based response program and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Monitor staff adherence to security protocols including: ensuring that Project staff are aware of, and comply with, CRS personnel safety and security policies and procedures and the dissemination of safety and security SoPs/plans.
- Attend all security related meetings with partners and other actors on behalf of CRS in project zone, and ensure the CR and CP Security Officer are informed of developments and recommended outcomes from these meetings
- Master’s Degree in International Development, economics, International Relations or related studies is required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience implementing cash or market-based programs, preferably in emergency program settings,
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO in volatile security environments.
- Familiarity with Sphere standards.
- Knowledge of CRS and/ or demonstrated ability to manage partnership with Caritas
- Ability and proven experience transferring knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Experience managing staff, budgets and planning processes
- Excellent writing, editing and publication skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills.
- Flexibility and ability to motivate
Required Languages - Excellent English oral and written communication skills required
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 40 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- MEAL skills and experience required.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Representative, CRS Cameroon Head of Operations, CRS Cameroon Finance Manager, CRS Cameroon Human Resource Manager; Emergency Project Coordinator, and Security Officer.
External: Donor Officials, Caritas Coordinator, Government of the Republic of Cameroon Ministries, and other stakeholders
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.