* Work the with NES Director and Finance Manager to track program budgets and expenditures
* Draft program work plans, weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, success stories, and other correspondence as required.
* Recruit, train, and supervise a team of approximately 5 local staff.
* Work closely with local staff to ensure the smooth running of food security and small-scale infrastructure rehabilitation activities.
* Provide concrete training and on-the-job mentoring for local national staff.
* Closely mentor local partner organizations and provide training and capacity development activities to improve their program and organizational capacity.
* Oversee day-to-day program activities to ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with donor-approved work plan and budget.
* Represent CHF International at relevant cluster/sector working group meetings and in meetings with local authorities.
* All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proficient in USAID rules and regulations; prior experience working on USAID-funded programs required.
* Experience working on USAID/OFDA or USAID/FFP-funded programs preferred.
* Experience managing complex, high-speed and challenging field operations in developing countries.
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge in overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints and achieving results quickly.
* Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop staff capacity in cross-cultural settings.
* Strong management and supervisory skills; achieving results and meeting deadlines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills.
* Fluency in English, working knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish highly preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of progressively senior international development experience.
* At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
* At least 2 years of experience working in emergency, post-conflict, or post-disaster settings on humanitarian programming, especially food security activities.
* Experience working with local national staff and building local capacity.
* Experience working with sub-grantees and/or local partner organizations.
* Prior experience in remote management strongly preferred.
* Prior experience in the MENA region preferred.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.