QED is preparing a proposal for an anticipated U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) project titled Program Evaluation Office Monitoring and Evaluation Services (M&E Services). USTDA supports private sector growth and helps companies create American jobs by exporting U.S. goods to developing and middle-income countries. USTDA achieves its mission by funding technical assistance, feasibility studies, pilot projects, and linking U.S. sellers with overseas buyers through its reverse trade missions. The M&E Support project will evaluate and report the outcomes of an estimated 150 to 400 USTDA-funded activities and bolster USTDA’s evaluation processes, methodologies and measurements. To this end, with improved data collection and analysis methods, USTDA will be better equipped to identify the most effective ways to leverage its funding and inform decision-making. The expected duration of the M&E Support project is one year with four option year periods.
QED is seeking a senior Project Manager (PM) to lead the M&E Support project. The PM will be responsible for the overall performance of M&E Support and s/he will oversee a team of five analysts and coordinate all project activities including the successful evaluation and reporting of an estimated 150 to 400 USTDA activities. This position is contingent on USTDA awarding a contract to QED. It shall be based in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Ensure all tasks under this contract are of the highest quality and are completed on time and within budgeted amounts
- Ensure all project activities comply with applicable USTDA contract provisions and U.S. government regulations
- Lead the preparation of the project’s workplan and quality assurance plan to explain how QED will accomplish every requirement in the contract scope of work
- Coordinate all project activities including the successful evaluation and reporting of an estimated 150 to 400 USTDA activities
- Serve as QED’s primary point of contact with the client, USTDA’s M&E Office. Maintain strong lines of communication with the client and feedback loops to resolve obstacles in real time
- Manage the performance of five project Analysts. Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, productivity, innovation, and support for diversity in working with contract team members, USTDA personnel, and evaluation counterparts
- Organize, plan, and lead mid-term evaluation workshops to ensure project activities are on track and incorporate feedback and lessons learned to improve existing methodologies
- Oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation.
- 10+ years of project management experience in the international development context
- At least eight years of experience overseeing multiple types of M&E services, including management of evaluation services, preferably for USTDA and/or USAID
- Expertise with M&E, information and data collection, analysis and experience producing high-quality evaluation reports for U.S. Government agency clients
- Technical background in trade, economics, and/or export promotion programs is highly desired, as is expertise in USTDA’s program sector areas (energy, transportation, and telecommunications)
- At least five years of experience with administrative responsibilities including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English, both written and speaking. Fluency is desired in a second language relevant to the M&E Support project (Spanish, Portuguese, French, Mandarin, Arabic)
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Ability to pass a background check is required
About the Organization
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in more than 90 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.