Program Officer Scope of Work
The Development Innovations Group (DIG), an international development firm based in Bethesda, Maryland, is seeking a well-organized, self-motivated individual for the position of Program Officer. Ideal candidates will have exceptional writing and analytical skills, budgeting skills, a passion for international development, and foreign language proficiency (French preferred). The position is based in Bethesda, Maryland.
Activities for this position will include:
Program Support & Management:
· Provide backstopping support to DIG programs worldwide, reporting to the Associate Director of Global Program Management;
· Write and edit program progress reports and other deliverables;
· Track deliverables to ensure their timely submission to donors and clients;
· Help ensure compliance with donor regulations;
· Create, track, and maintain programmatic budgets using Microsoft Excel;
· Prepare and review purchase orders, expense reimbursements, and invoices;
· Coordinate and direct logistical and administrative requests from the field;
· Assist with translations, as needed;
· File documents;
· Other duties, as assigned.
· Draft and edit sections of technical and/or cost proposals;
· Maintain and update DIG website and marketing materials, including social media;
· Conduct research for proposals.
Ideal applicants have the following skills and experience:
· Interest in a career in international development;
· Master’s degree in international development, economics, political science or related field;
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
· Excellent writing skills;
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and detail-oriented;
· Ability to travel 10-20% of the year.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send CV, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com, and title the message: “Program Officer.” For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.developinnovations.com.
About the Organization
The Development Innovations Group (DIG) is a private, international firm committed to expanding the frontiers of finance and development. DIG strives to improve the lives of the poor in developing and transitioning economies by enhancing the inherent strengths of national and local governments, communities, and the private sector.
We foster innovative, locally-driven solutions in the fields of financial inclusion; WASH; governance, urban service delivery, and infrastructure; monitoring and evaluation (M&E); emergency management; and fund management. Dedicated to excellence, our staff members design and manage programs, deliver customized training, and provide advisory services to donors, governments, and the private sector. DIG has worked in over 35 countries, spanning a variety of development contexts, including post-disaster and post-conflict settings. We freely disseminate our findings to enrich the practices of development stakeholders worldwide.