Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
The Near East South Asia (NESA) Center was launched in October 2000, the NESA Center’s mission is to enhance stability in the Near East and in South Asia by providing an academic environment where strategic issues can be addressed, understanding deepened, partnerships fostered, defense-related decision-making improved and cooperation strengthened between military and civilian leaders from the region and the United States. The Center builds on the strong bilateral relationships between the United States and countries in the NESA region by focusing on a multilateral approach to addressing regional security concerns and issues. It is designed to meet the knowledge needs of national security professionals by providing a forum for rigorous examination of the challenges that shape the security environment of the region. The Center provides a focal point where national decision makers can gather to exchange ideas and explore tools for cooperative problem solving. We are seeking an experienced Program Planning Manager to join our team.
This position is contingent upon award.
- Work with internal/external resources to secure needed materials and services.
- Develop and ensure short and long term milestones are tracked and reached and all functional support requirements are integrated and met.
- Act as the overall project or event functional services integrator.
- Conduct research and recommend vendors, based on analysis and rationale of at least three sources, to support programs.
- Evaluate current planning procedures, recommend improvements and implement modifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college is required.
- Five or more years of experience planning domestic and international events throughout the NESA region is required.
- At least one or more years as a manager and knowledge of hotel and conferencing contracting structure details are required.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must have documented experience managing a team, providing project information to senior officials for decision, conducting functional coordination meetings, and managing workload schedules.
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills and attention to detail as well as the organizational and planning skills to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines as required.
- Must show proven ability to contribute as a team player and strong interpersonal skills to negotiate problems in the U.S. and in the NESA region.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment and interacting professionally and diplomatically from the NESA region is required.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.