As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
The Multi-Donor-Action EU4Skills aims at supporting the reform of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector in Ukraine. The reform foresees to operationalize the National Qualifications Framework, improve the quality of training and establish an independent assessment and certification system. The objective is to improve the attractiveness and quality of VET and increase the relevance to the labour market. A focus in the reform implementation will be put on 7 focus regions across Ukraine. EU4Skills will support in these regions the identification of labour market needs, evidence-based VET planning and the introduction of competency-based training and assessment. The measures are complemented by further training opportunities for principals and teachers in selected schools. Through the support the focus regions should be turned into reference models of the VET reform, which can be replicated to the other parts of the country.
- Development of strategies and concepts for the reform support on the regional level
- Coordination and monitoring of grant agreements with implementing agencies from EU member states
- Planning and monitoring of capacity development activities to support the collection of labour market information, VET planning, teacher and principal training and assessment procedures
- Supervision of a team of national staff members located in focus regions and in Kyiv
- Coordination of the procurement activities in the component
- Contribution to the monitoring and reporting towards the German government and EU
- University degree in Economics, Social Science, Education Science or any other related education
- Profound experience in project management and the implementation of complex projects
- Profound experience in the management of grants and financial contracts
- Experience in the collaboration with education agencies from EU member states of advantage
- Technical experience in VET and the implementation of national reforms in the sector
- Experience in the management of teams across in different locations
- Experience in the management of EU co-financed projects is of advantage
- Willingness to travel frequently outside of Kyiv
- Social and cultural competence
- Very good command of English necessary, German, Russian and/or Ukrainian of advantage
You will information about work and life in Ukraine here: Ukraine
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.