DAI/Human Dynamics is currently preparing for the forthcoming EU project “EU assistance for Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030”. The overall objective of the Sector Reform Performance Contract of which this contract will be a part is: to contribute to the achievement of the 2030 Vision of the Agri-Food Sector, which aims to develop a competitive, market and export-oriented Uzbekistan Agri-food Sector that will increase farm incomes, create new jobs, enhance food security and ensure the sustainable use of natural resources (in line with the Uzbekistan Agri-Food Development Strategy 2020-2030 and its Roadmap).
We welcome applications for the position of Key expert 4. The profile description can be found below:
Key expert 4: Programming & Project Cycle Management
He/she will be responsible for strengthening sector systems and services in programme and project cycle management. This is anticipated to focus on the development of programme management capacity within the Ministry of Agriculture and strengthening project cycle management structures systems and procedures within UZAIFSA and with donors and development partners in support of the sector.
Qualifications and skills:
- Masters’ Degree in Management, Project/Programme Management, Public administration, Economics, Agriculture Economics, Rural Development or in another relevant field or as an equivalent, Bachelor’s degree and 2 years more general professional experience in excess of the minimum 10 years (as defined below);
- Proven knowledge and advanced skills in project management, scheduling and monitoring;
- Skills in utilizing specialized computer applications for programme/project cycle management;
- Very strong, diverse stakeholder coordination, communication and facilitation skills;
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Russian and/or Uzbek language skills would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Central Asian culture and customs would be desirable.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of relevant international experience working in development cooperation programmes and projects.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 10 years in project implementation and/or coordination, including programming, project planning, scheduling and progress monitoring
- At least 5 years in planning and monitoring of programme/projects activities and budgets.
- At least 3 years in utilizing specialized software for programme/project cycle management.
- Previous experience of working on projects supporting the institutional capacity building would be an asset
- Experience in supporting donor coordination is desirable.