The Accounts Receivable/Project Accountant will support the work and operations of IBI in accounting, financial management, internal controls, and financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, IBI’s corporate accounting policies, and USAID financial regulations, guidelines, and reporting requirements. He/She will assist with the sound, ethical and transparent financial management of the company’s project portfolio.
Supervisor: Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Location of Employment: Arlington, Virginia
Specific Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain budget monitors and invoice trackers for all projects.
- Review all monthly field financial reports and reconcile field bank accounts and petty cash accounts.
- Review and approve field office payroll.
- Reconcile the field accounting books to the corporate G/L.
- Perform internal audits of field offices.
- Liaise with project field accountants to offer guidance and support.
- Prepare project invoices, including NICRA adjustments.
- Prepare and Post journal entries for all field office expenditures
- Organize and maintain comprehensive financial files and ensure that all financial record retention is compliant with legal and donor agency requirements.
- Maintain and update field project’s manuals and templates.
- Assist with the preparation and review of cost proposals.
- Assist with preparation of annual Incurred Cost Submission.
- Prepare schedules for annual audit.
- Assist with monthly financial statements preparation.
- Assist with resolving billed and unbilled AR issues.
- Assist the CFO to respond to requests from USAID’s Office of Financial Management as needed, including assistance with financial audits and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
Valid, current, US work authorization and the ability to travel overseas are required.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 1-3 years of relevant experience in the financial management of USAID contracts. Experience may substitute for education. Experience using Quickbooks is desirable.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 24 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.